• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting idea: give away a gun?

Courtesy of Instapundit this morning:

Jon Caldara: "I want to give away one of my guns to a first-timer"

----------------------------------
"I have an idea and I hope you will follow my lead. I want to see it turn into a movement.

If you weren’t raised with guns, getting into your first gun can be very intimidating. We need to make it easy and enjoyable. We gunnies all know that one friend, co-worker or family member that should be a gun owner, but yet isn’t.

Let’s give, yes give, that person one of our guns. Let’s help them learn to shoot it properly. Help them go through the process I went through.

This is a real challenge for a gun owner. We are so sensitized to not having our guns taken that the thought of giving some of them away feels like sacrilege. But it is the opposite.

I have a 9mm pistol. It’s a Ruger Security 9 to be precise, and I love it. And I want to give it to you along with a lock and a few things to get you going. You’ll have to pass the background check and agree to take a safety class. I can help you find one.

If you are curious about guns but never owned one, please email me at [email protected]. Tell me a bit about yourself and I’ll choose someone to have my gun."
---------------------------------------

Interesting idea? I kinda think so. He's right about at least one thing: we do need more gun owners - responsible, intelligent, well-informed gun owners - if we want to hold the line against the antigun forces.

Oops, might have been a slight misunderstanding. :) It's not me who's doing this, it's the guy who wrote the linked article. I've only got the one gun (so far), and I'm not giving that away unless I have to.

"Gunnies"... wtf.

If a free gun is the motivation for someone to get their license then I'm not interested in wasting my time on them.

free gun program no way. now i would be interested in a program to pay for people to get their LTC. I figure for an extra $20 per year we could each double the # of LTC’s in the state and probably create revenue for gun related businesses. for a lot of people the costs and hassle of LTC application are enough to deter them...unfortunately by design.

free gun program no way. now i would be interested in a program to pay for people to get their LTC. I figure for an extra $20 per year we could each double the # of LTC’s in the state and probably create revenue for gun related businesses. for a lot of people the costs and hassle of LTC application are enough to deter them...unfortunately by design.
I offered all my non LTC holding friends to pay for the class and hook them up with inexpensive 22s If they wanted... no one took me up on it.

Back
Top Bottom