Inland M1 Carbine Bolt Tool Needed

K98

IMG_1594.jpg IMG_1598.jpg I'm looking to disassemble the bolt for my Inland M1 carbine. What is a fair price for an original tool?

Also, I recently went to the range with it and noticed a lot of carbon at the base of the shell casings. Any known causes for this? Shooting clean PPU FMJ 110 grain.

Last edited:
I have no clue who manufactured usgi bolt tools buy there 60-100 for usgi .
I can't tell if those cases are blown through at the rim or sooty from excessive headspace

Did you experience any blow back?
Some modern 30 carbine is loaded on the weak side and also. Might be a little small in diameter at the base of the case. Carbines are not known for tight specs especially the chambers. Look close for cracks in the brass.
Also the cartridge is not fully supported by the chamber and the soot looks like its on the extractor side.

As for the brass, the cases from my reloads look similar. Always thought they were sooty as well. I think that’s just the nature of the beast with 30 Carbine.

That's how mine look too, I don't sweat it. AFAIK military chambers aren't the tightest so they'll still cycle with dirt/sand in them.

I seem to remember taking my carbine bolt apart with no special tool, just do it in a baggie so you don't lose the springy pieces.

Get the Bolt tool... Unless you have 3 hands and a lot of patience. Re-pro one works just fine.
2nd this....or do it with out then when you do buy the tool after you can beat yourself up wondering why you just did not get the tool. It can be done its just a pita. No where as easy as M1 garand bolt.

I bought a bolt assembly tool last year from Sarco Inc. for $22.00 and it works fine. I live on the Cape if you want to use it.

2nd this....or do it with out then when you do buy the tool after you can beat yourself up wondering why you just did not get the tool. It can be done its just a pita. No where as easy as M1 garand bolt.

Yup. I attempted it without the tool first and one of the springs shot out and it took me over an hour to find it on my basement floor....Worth the $30

Yup. I have a M1 carbine bolt tool and it makes simple work of disassembly/reassembly, but I'll do M1 Garand bolts with a screwdriver faster than I can with the tool.

Just make sure you put the plunger in our bolt the correct way or it will come flying out when you are shooting it.

Back
Top Bottom