Info on Winchester Ranger 120 12 ga.

After an unsuccessful search on here, I'm looking for any info on these shotguns. I have a chance to pick one up (on the cheap) with both bird and slug barrels. I've found some info online but still have a few questions, that I'm hoping some might answer.

1. The 28" vent rib barrel has a modified Win-Choke. Are these still available in full choke for this model?

2. Any easy way to tell the year of manufacture?

3. Any one own(ed) one that has any comments or suggestions?

I have one. Nothing much to say about it. Its just a cheap, reliable shotgun. The slug bbl has rifle sights and it seems to shoot foster style slugs well enough. The bird bbl has screw-in chokes and it seems to do what it was intended to do. Basically its just no frills shotgun. No better or worse than any other.
For about the same money or maybe a little more you could probably get a Remington 870.

i have one too it was made in the early 80s i think

mine had the 28 inch bird barrel till i cut it to 19in like a dumbass its a reliable shotgun i have treated it as a beater and its not much worse for wear and i really like it the only part it would change is i want the metal trigger guard as i dont like the plastic one but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the plastic one.

it had the win choke and was fairly accurate with slugs with just the bead im wishing i didint chop it all these years later

Back
Top Bottom