Indian .308 - Good/Bad???

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Can't find any discussions to back this up, but isn't the Indian .308 ammo that was recently on the market pretty crappy stuff? My FFL got half an ammo box of the stuff a guy wanted to sell/trade and I told him it did not have a good reoutation from what I remember. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Terrible stuff.......I bought a can of it for one of my friends to use for 200 yd offhand shooting out of his M1A.
As I recall, if you got a 10 inch group off the bench, you were doing well.
Could have been a bad lot.......can't say for sure as that's the only stuff I've had any experience with. I don't know if the brass was Boxer or Berdan primed, so I can't say whether it was fit for reloading.

I am not surprised. After I posted this I did a search over on TheHighRoad and most of the reports there were bad also.

Rule of thumb: Don't use any ammo from a country that you would not drink the water from[wink]

Last edited:
JonJ said:
Rule of thumb: Don't use any ammo from a country that you would drink the water from[wink]

Jon,

I think you meant:

"Rule of thumb: Don't use any ammo from a country that you would not drink the water from."

FPrice said:
Jon,

I think you meant:

"Rule of thumb: Don't use any ammo from a country that you would not drink the water from."
Thanks for catching that Frosty!
When I wrote that, we had just gotten in from Dover DE. for the weekend. I was pretty tired.[wink]

JonJ said:
Thanks for catching that Frosty!
When I wrote that, we had just gotten in from Dover DE. for the weekend. I was pretty tired.[wink]

Ahhh, Dover, DE. I spent a week there one night.

Back
Top Bottom