In state 1 week. Pls suggest a course.

cockpitbob

NES Member
This summer I'm moving to MA. I'll be in MA (north shore) house hunting from 5/17 - 5/23 and want to take the firearms course required for an LTC.

I can devote an entire day or every evening during the week. Can someone recommend a place or person for the course?

I've seen a Basic Firearms Safety course advertised that's only 4hrs long. The NRA Basic Pistol courses seem to go a full day. I'm guessing the Basic Pistol will give me a better chance of getting an LTC-ALP (assuming I move to a green town). Is this a good assumption?

Thanks for any adivce,
-Bob

It was suggested to me from a top rated firearms lawyer that the Basic Pistol class is suggested as it gives you hand on experience with actually FIRING a gun. Even though you can claim to have all the experience in the world, the certificate from this class at least proves you have fired a gun.

It wont match your timeline but GOALs training classes I have never heard a bad thing about them..

http://www.thegoalfoundation.org/courseschedule.htm

I'm guessing the Basic Pistol will give me a better chance of getting an LTC-ALP (assuming I move to a green town). Is this a good assumption?

Thanks for any adivce,
-Bob

finding the course is easy, it is finding a house in what we call a "green" town or city, that will issue a LTC-A unrestricted.

Post up where you are looking and we'll point out the chances of getting a LTC

Personally I'd be looking in NH

finding the course is easy, it is finding a house in what we call a "green" town or city, that will issue a LTC-A unrestricted.

Post up where you are looking and we'll point out the chances of getting a LTC

Personally I'd be looking in NH

NH is my 1st choice, but being a working family man I've got a whole bunch of other considerations. I'd actually buy a house in a red or black town if all the other considerations were ideal. Fortunately the areas I'm looking are generally green or white on the "Guide to your gun rights..." map.

GOAL runs great classes.

However, our 4-hour Basic Firearms Safety Course is hard to beat. Not only will you get the certification you need to acquire any Massachusetts firearms license you will also have the opportunity to train on the same equipment used by both federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. Our students will shoot up to 200 rounds during the class.

Taking the longer course will not be what helps you in acquiring your license. What will help is the detailed assistance we give you in filling out the application. We have had several students get LTC Class A ALP licenses in both black and red towns.

Give us a call and we will enroll you in a class. We also have classes running the week you will be here.

Steve, MFS
781-559-3064
www.massfirearmsschool.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom