• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm pissed and I'm not going to take it any more....

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Miffed at losing the Garand competition, someone has to pay.

Execution will be tomorrow.

A Billy Idol send-off as a last request, and a freshening coat of BLO.

t[mg]

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 308
I'm thinking live coverage, at close range, with my iPhone on top of the handguard. Gives that personal touch. Film at 11.

t

Execution update. Mrs. Spud will accompany and film the execution party. I figure three enblocs as fast as I can at 20 yards should do well.[shocked]

t

Nice vinyl.

Glad Mrs Spud is going along; I was afraid you’d be dancing with yourself.

Rimshot.

The aftermath. My wife really didn't zoom in on the pumpkin. The third enbloc had two rounds out of position from being held on the sling. She had stopped filming while I fixed that enbloc. The following 13 seconds is not worth posting as 7/8 went through the same hole even though I was moving around to try to inflict more damage. VERY hard to see as I was in the light and the pumpkin in the dark. Despite the parkerized finish, the peep sight was whited out. Nonetheless, the first 4 shots tore the "heart" out of it.

[video]https://youtu.be/Exw2OR9wILM[/video]

t

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 4.08.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 4.08.49 PM.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 4.09.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 4.09.06 PM.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 76
The aftermath. My wife really didn't zoom in on the pumpkin. The third enbloc had two rounds out of position from being held on the sling. She had stopped filming while I fixed that enbloc. The following 13 seconds is not worth posting as 7/8 went through the same hole even though I was moving around to try to inflict more damage. VERY hard to see as I was in the light and the pumpkin in the dark. Despite the parkerized finish, the peep sight was whited out. Nonetheless, the first 4 shots tore the "heart" out of it.

t

Pumpkin smash! If I get time I will hit a,pumpkin with the 110 grain varmint tipped garand load I worked up...

I could have bought a soft point hunting round...I was temped to bring out my 1812 Springfield flintlock in .69, but we've been all Garands lately...

t

That'll teach that pumpkin! Hope you let one of its friends go to get the word out to others. Don't mess with majspud!

I think I'll do another postal match for any bolt action milsurp and run it during winter. Have to think of some creative 'rules'. [devil]

God, look at the size of those glasses...they're my regular glasses and not shooting glasses. The yellow tint is to lessen the glare sensitivity...

...love the brass flying in front of the camera!

t[mg]

That'll teach that pumpkin! Hope you let one of its friends go to get the word out to others. Don't mess with majspud!

I think I'll do another postal match for any bolt action milsurp and run it during winter. Have to think of some creative 'rules'. [devil]

How about less than 30' and snowing[smile]

How about less than 30' and snowing[smile]

Something like that, though we'd need to make sure to accommodate any physical reasons to avoid that. For the young guys like DW and Dakar, less than 10' in shorts and flip flops.

I wonder what would happen to a pumpkin if it were frozen solid?

edit-

At the NES pumpkin shoots, I bring the .458 SOCOM AR. 300 gr hollow points are devastating on pumpkins. I realize 300 gr doesn't work in a M1, but anything in a HP at M1 speeds should be really impressive.

T- What sort of monster size projectiles will that 1812 spit down range?

Last edited:
.680 round balls; about 1.25 ounces of lead each (547 grains). I may get another pumpkin; I haven't had my yearly shoot yet.

t

Attachments

• DSCN3529.jpg
    DSCN3529.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 22
Dug around and found my last 6 round balls at .678, supposedly at 480gr. My digital scale measured the 6 ball average at 459 grains. Gotta file a complaint with Cabellas. Of course I have a box and a half of .715/550gr for my late Prussian that I don't have any more.[sad2] Had that one for 16 years.

So, I got 6 shots tomorrow against another victim...

t

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpg
    IMG_3693.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 18

t

BOOO!

37507885451_c9d8dd63ef_b.jpg

[laugh]

Dug around and found my last 6 round balls at .678, supposedly at 480gr. My digital scale measured the 6 ball average at 459 grains. Gotta file a complaint with Cabellas. Of course I have a box and a half of .715/550gr for my late Prussian that I don't have any more.[sad2] Had that one for 16 years.

So, I got 6 shots tomorrow against another victim...

t

If you run out of pumpkins, you could always split telephone poles with those. [shocked]

Nice.
Hoping to make the Pumpkin Shoot at Monadnock in November to do the same.
You should work in a bayonet charge.

Five rounds at 20 yards. About 80gr 2X powder with a wad of newspaper to keep the ball from rolling out. Had to switch flints between rounds 4 and 5. First shot low and scored the bottom. Second and third shots center mass. Fourth missed due to hang fire. Fifth blew the top off. It also blew the twelve pound pumpkin two feet backwards off the log onto the berm where it rolled back down.

Miserable 79F and very high humidity; my t-shirt is soaked. Now the fun part- home for an hour of cleaning.

Oh, the humanity, er, pumpkinanity?

T

Attachments

• IMG_3697.jpg
    IMG_3697.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3695.jpg
    IMG_3695.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3698.jpg
    IMG_3698.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
All clean. Back over the door for another year.

t

Attachments

• IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I forgot to bring the bayonet to finish it off...I was thinking of cutting a little hole and filling it with water.

Little hydrostatic action...[wink]

t

I stopped at a local farmstand, you know, buy local and all that. Cost $9.47. It was 2 for $10 same size at Stop and Shop tonight...so much for local in the future.

t

Back
Top Bottom