I'm back but really busy...Lets talk C&R's

I been here and out for a while because the new house is keeping me really busy with landscaping. But i try to keep my bayonet in the fire too. This is one hobby you can't keep one eye on or a new import will pass us by. As I browse the net and look for C&R buys I notice some great buys are still on the mosins. The prices on the swiss k31 has climbed up lately too they ain't $79 anymore. Years ago the swede mausers were only $20 each because the ammo wasn't available. I think it hurt the sales on the swiss rifles at first too. I have noticed that little austrian carbine is available too again after a long absense too. I have noticed that the prices on the long gone stuff from the sales market has climbed up too. Some of us guys who have them are owning gold now or in a few more years it will be priced out oif site. When i got back into this the 41 johnsons and scoped 98k's were around $1,000 and look at them now in just a few years. Heck my very first chinese norinco sks was only $59 back then too. The russian sks at the sametime was $109 and the russian ak47 was $149( i think) I remember vagly seening an ak47 sitting next to the sks's at that time. I did pick up this new russian rifle at that time too it was a brand new m44 with a laminated stock for $114.(1944) Its funny how some prices have changed and some don't. Do you think or hobby will go the way of the antique stuff and get sky high when its all dried up for good? After all some of this stuff is well over 100 years old already. You have to buy this stuff when its cheap and try to jump on it right away too. Its the old saying you snooze you lose too.

I do find it funny my 1907 carl gustaf m96 swede mauser with new sellier & bellot ammo benchrested @ 100yds will group as good if not better than a brand new modern rifle scoped. I haven't had time to shoot my swiss k31 or my finnish mosin M39 VKT yet too. I still like the russian mosins too and we have to consider the conditions these were manufactured under too. As they moved the factories back away from the germans some factories had no roofs. To me even for the gun to shoot was a great thing and some of them are very accurate too. Don't you love the history behind some of these guns?Plus we can own it, shoot it and enjoy it too.

BTW; I have a green thumb now thanks to the egg farm in Mass on rt8. They sell chicken glickem and this stuff will grow anything anywhere. I planted new fruit trees, evergreen trees, my garden and even grass with it and it makes everything grow good. The Otis poltry farm is the way to go and try there fresh pies there too the blueberry is the best ever with hood blueberry ice cream, it doesn't get any better than this. There chicken pot pies are great too.

Last edited:
Where to look for good buys..

Hi Bill,

I'm new to the world of C&R guns... and was wondering if you might be able to point me in the direction of some good buys? I don't have my licence yet...but am in process. From your thread, it looks like you've found some gems in your day!! Money is always an issue for me, so any help you can give to get me started on my collection would be so much appreciated!!

Thanks man!
Shamus

Dennis is great..once you get your C & R fax it to him and his stuff will be delivered to your door. If you sign up for email alerts you'll get first crack at everything. I've bought several from him and everything is EXACTLY as advertised.

Having said that, there aren't too many bargains in this world anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom