IDPA Match Worcester Pistol & Rifle Sat July 8

All are welcome. Match fee is $20 for non members or $15 for WPRC members. The Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) division is not offered in this match.

Match fee is $20 for non members or $15 for WPRC members. The Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) division is not offered in this match.

I've never done anything like this but always wanted to. I think I'll start with the Sunday practice in August.

Ohh just come on out! It will be fun. I got into IDPA without attending a practice and it was a blast.

FWIW since you live north of Boston, Woburn sportsman's association has practices every other Sunday starting at 4. They have one this Sunday. Much closer than Worcester (not saying Worcester doesn't run a good practice but Woburn is convenient since I live in Gloucester).

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Just need to find a OWB lefty holster for my 226. If I can get away from the house for a few hours I could be in.
It's been a while since I read stuff about IDPA, but depending on what class you want to shoot in, IWB is fine (I think). Assuming I do this, it will be with my EDC rig: an LC9s in an IWB. Chances are if I ever have to do what IDPA trains you for, that will be with my EDC rig.

IDPA Match Worcester Pistol & Rifle Sat July 8

It's been a while since I read stuff about IDPA, but depending on what class you want to shoot in, IWB is fine (I think). Assuming I do this, it will be with my EDC rig: an LC9s in an IWB. Chances are if I ever have to do what IDPA trains you for, that will be with my EDC rig.

If that's the case then I'll run my 19. Far more familiar with that rig over the 226.

Thanks for the heads up.

If that's the case then I'll run my 19. Far more familiar with that rig over the 226.

Thanks for the heads up.
I just dug up the rule book. Here's the link to it.

Lots of rules in it LOL

I looked up holsters and it looks like IWB or OWB can be used for any of the classes. There's a bunch of requirements and restrictions on cant, adjustability, ride height, etc that IWB holsters are exempt from, so life is simpler with IWB. I figure the only down side to IWB is the half second longer it takes to get my thumb past the lovehandle and get a good grip.

With the 3.1" barrel on the LC9s, factory 115gr ammo won't quite make the power factor of 125 required for the CCP (concealed carry pistol) class, so I'll probably run it in BUG (back up gun). I really don't care what class I shoot in since I'm in it for the experience/training, not to win (like that's going to happen lol).

Last edited:
I just dug up the rule book. Here's the link to it.

Lots of rules in it LOL

I looked up holsters and it looks like IWB or OWB can be used for any of the classes. There's a bunch of requirements and restrictions on cant, adjustability, ride height, etc that IWB holsters are exempt from, so life is simpler with IWB. I figure the only down side to IWB is the half second longer it takes to get my thumb past the lovehandle and get a good grip.

With the 3.1" barrel on the LC9s, factory 115gr ammo won't quite make the power factor of 125 required for the CCP (concealed carry pistol) class, so I'll probably run it in BUG (back up gun). I really don't care what class I shoot in since I'm in it for the experience/training, not to win (like that's going to happen lol).

Yep there's plenty of rules.

Using an IWB holster is fine but you'll need to be mindful/aware of not muzzling yourself or the RO when drawing/holstering. You're not being timed when holstering so there's no rush. I'm sure you'll be fine but just thought I'd mention that.

Dont worry about making PF as you're just getting your feet wet. They only chronograph ammo at major matches, never at a regular match so I wouldn't sweat that. Running it in BUG or CCP would be fine.

You'll need a small flashlight for the low light indoor stage and don't forget a cover garment. You can use the famous IDPA fishing vests or something simple like a button down shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the heads up.

The G19 is very popular in IDPA. Up to you what you want to use.

Last edited:
Gents! I am in for tomorrow.. Any idea what time these things have been getting out lately? I know we reserve the place until 2:30 but I think were usually cleaned by 1ish? Or have you been having 80 shooters?

Gents! I am in for tomorrow.. Any idea what time these things have been getting out lately? I know we reserve the place until 2:30 but I think were usually cleaned by 1ish? Or have you been having 80 shooters?

I think we're usually done around that time if I recall correctly.

I'll most likely be out too since my dog got blasted by a skunk earlier tonight. Been up cleaning her and the house. Need to get her to a groomer tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom