IDPA Match: A Bad Day Gets Worse

P-14

NES Member
Date: Sunday, August 5, 2007 at the Riverside Gun Club, 16 Wilkins St., Hudson, MA 01749 at the 25 and 50 yard outdoor ranges.

Time: Setup is at 8 AM, registration at 8:30 AM, and start at 9 AM.

Cost: Members $15, Others $20.

Match is open to public. No pre-registration required.

4-5 outdoor stages: Bring 150 rounds of ammo, 3 magazines/speedloaders, belt holster and a mag holder, a concealment garment, and SPF 30 :)

See you there!

I'm glad to see IDPA returning to Riverside. Who is the match director and who are the SOs?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Mr. Kelly: I am the MD for this match. I have recently moved to MA from upstate NY with many years experience as a RO and SO in action shooting there. Cross-X knows me. I have been shooting at Riverside for two years and received my IDPA SO credentials after taking a course this spring at GOAL.

I am not sure how much personal information is bantered about on this site, but from my brief browsing of the threads, there is not much divulged by the participants. Rather than releasing personal information on the other IDPA accredited SOs and Riverside GC members, please come to the match on the 5th of August and find me. My name is Bob. I'll be glad to introduce you to the three other SOs who also designed stages.

Derek:

The pleasure is mine. Also, thank you for protecting my freedoms during your tour of duty.

Regards,

Bob

Bob,

I would really like to attend the match, but unfortunately that is a rather busy shooting weekend. Three gun in Pelham NH on Saturday and the regular monthly USPSA match at Bass River on Sunday.

Please keep us posted on other matches as they are scheduled.

Welcome to the forum,

Gary

Bob,

First, I was remiss at not welcoming you to the Forum. My apologies!

I am not sure how much personal information is bantered about on this site, but from my brief browsing of the threads, there is not much divulged by the participants. Rather than releasing personal information on the other IDPA accredited SOs and Riverside GC members, please come to the match on the 5th of August and find me. My name is Bob. I'll be glad to introduce you to the three other SOs who also designed stages.---P-14

The personal information thing is fine and please don’t think I was questioning your or any other SO’s qualifications. I only asked because I think I know many/most of the SOs in the area. Perhaps we’ve even shot together at Riverside!

I enjoy shooting IDPA based more on the friendships with the other shooters/SOs then I do actually shooting. If you saw me shoot you’d understand why, both Darius and Gary can attest to as much.

Good luck with your match, I’ll certainly TRY to be there, and am looking forward to meeting you.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Question: Can an NH resident with no MA license attend?

People from free states are more than welcome to attend. Three caveats:

Bring a printout of the flyer announcing the match (which will get posted closer to the match date). Attending a competition is one way to legally possess a gun in Massachusetts without a license.

Transport your gun(s) unloaded in a locked case.

Don't bring any post ban magazines larger than ten rounds.

IDPA is a blast. Have fun!

Hi Bob... not sure if you're to Bob I know. I'm going to do my best to get there. Thanks to the team for pulling this off!

We consider this a rebuilding year for IDPA at Riverside. We have a dedicated crew of 4 or 5 that work the practices twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at 5 PM and a few more SOs that show up when they can. As we get time and commitment from the SOs, we will be running additional matches at Riverside. Hopefully, this fall and next year, we can have them more often.

Back
Top Bottom