IDPA @ HSC June 22

All are welcome for the June 22, 2013 IDPA club match taking place at Harvard Sportsman club

Registration begins at 9:00AM
$20.00 Match fee
6 outdoor stages
MIN round count of 96
Lunch will be available for a fee

Metrowest Tactical is always looking for those interested in those that want to help. I am requesting some additional hands this month for setup. Please PM me if you can be at HSC for 8AM to assist in stage setup. As a volunteer you will receive the following a voucher worth a free match, if you are an HSC member this will count as a work credit for your membership.

See ya on the range

IDPA action shooting harvard massachusetts
Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Thanks to all those who made the match what it is. From registration to breakdown you all play an important role in what we do on a monthly basis. I love the sport and you folks who work them across new england are amazing!!!!

Now for my observation.

As MD this month I had the opportunity to view the match as an overview versus just the squad I am working with. Maybe this is old, maybe this is new due to the ammo "shortage"...

I noticed many shooters cleaning up brass after every shooter. I know most of the staff that work this event reload, yet were silent when someone picked up their brass, or SO's asking to clear the range as shooters were still picking up brass, delaying the match.

Of more interesting note. I was working in a empty pit re-painting the steel poppers for the incoming squad. A shooter from the incoming squad came on the the pit with the brass pickup tool and started to pickup brass on the empty range. I made a direct comment to the shooter that, i'm sure his squad needed him to help tape and reset props rather than him pick up brass in an empty pit. The response I got was "**** off their done"

I walked away and observed the squad was not even close to being done. Yet this guy continues to pick up brass.

In a small community we have some amazing people that want the sport to grow and to help others, and sometimes that means we have to give up our time to help others. These folks that want us to "**** off" and just pay to play and are entitled to do as you please..........................................

Last edited:
Thanks to all those who made the match what it is. From registration to breakdown you all play an important role in what we do on a monthly basis. I love the sport and you folks who work them across new england are amazing!!!!

Now for my observation.

As MD this month I had the opportunity to view the match as an overview versus just the squad I am working with. Maybe this is old, maybe this is new due to the ammo "shortage"...

I noticed many shooters cleaning up brass after every shooter. I know most of the staff that work this event reload, yet were silent when someone picked up their brass, or SO's asking to clear the range as shooters were still picking up brass, delaying the match.

Of more interesting note. I was working in a empty pit re-painting the steel poppers for the incoming squad. A shooter from the incoming squad came on the the pit with the brass pickup tool and started to pickup brass on the empty range. I made a direct comment to the shooter that, i'm sure his squad needed him to help tape and reset props rather than him pick up brass in an empty pit. The response I got was "**** off their done"

I walked away and observed the squad was not even close to being done. Yet this guy continues to pick up brass.

In a small community we have some amazing people that want the sport to grow and to help others, and sometimes that means we have to give up our time to help others. These folks that want us to "**** off" and just pay to play and are entitled to do as you please..........................................

Using such language on a match official is grounds for a match DQ; unsportsmanlike conduct.

Isn't that what you IDPA guys call "Failure To Do Right"? Is that good English (Chinese is my native language!)? [laugh]

Sadly, this trend of picking up brass (especially if it's not their own) while other folk are setting up for the next shooter (taping, re-setting steel, etc.) is not unique to IDPA. And you know who you are, and we know, too. I try to use humor to gently remind shooters to help ("Taping is not a city in China!") but some, a select few, don't hear or don't care. [angry]

I'm ok, now - thanks for listening. I'll be back at The Home by 2ish. [smile]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Just getting back online after knee surgery, that's why this is so late. Did anyone come across a 5.11 black heavy vest with an IDPA patch on it at the June 22 IDPA match?

I haven't gotten around to checking the HSC Lost and Found as yet and wondered if anyone turned it in.

Any help much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom