IDPA Equip.

For practice no one will care either way as long as it's safe... bring what you got. It makes no sense buying anything else until you decide if you like the sport (and I'm sure you will!). I hope others hear this too... as I've seen so many other posts from folks concerned that they can't participate without everything they need. Come ready to have fun and be safe-- that's all you need. Where are you planning on going?

I havent decided where my first time will be. I heard the "frozen penquin" shoot at harvard is open to the public and i might give that a try if im allowed. if any knows of any practices soon close to the south shore ( I don't mind alittle traveling) I would love to try it out. Does a sweatshirt count as a concealment garment?

I havent decided where my first time will be. I heard the "frozen penquin" shoot at harvard is open to the public and i might give that a try if im allowed. if any knows of any practices soon close to the south shore ( I don't mind alittle traveling) I would love to try it out. Does a sweatshirt count as a concealment garment?

Yes, a sweatshirt or any kind of jacket is concealment. I'd strongly encourage you to go to one of Harvard's practices before going to a match... it could be brain overload unless you have done similar training/shooting before. I also hear the guys at Harvard are damn good people too. I'm one of them. [wink] Next practice is Monday at 7:30. There are 2 practices before the match.

Check out: www.metrowesttactical.com for more info!

Worcester Pistol and Rifle has a match on Saturday the 12th, 830 am and open to the public. Articelf always puts on a good match. They are also very newbie friendly [smile]

IDPA class

I would suggest you contact Jon Green at GOAL and take the next
IDPA intro course. Its a great class, and its a good place to get
answers to your questions.

I would also go to either Worcester or Harvard practices.

What you have is suitable, go to the practices and they
will help you/show you what you need.

go and enjoy,

JimB

Back
Top Bottom