IDPA classifier HCG

Well......I shot IDPA earlier this month for the first time and loved it....I sucked but had fun sucking![rofl].........is anyone here going to shoot 9/06 at HGC in East Granby? I could always use some pointers to reduce my level of suckage!

suckage

Don't be so overly concerned with it, go to the matches, classifiers,
and learn.... talk with those who are experienced, don't worry
you'll get it.

JimB

Naaaa.....I'm not concerned...I know I'll learn alot and meet some cool people along the way. I actually enjoy laughing at myself....I guess you could say that I ammuse myself!

I'll be there 9/6 cause I'm a glutton and signed up for the CT state shoot in at the end of Sept and need to get classified (I'm new to IDPA too).

There's still some openings for the CT State IDPA :)

Where are you located? There's a nice IDPA style shoot at Pachaug Outdoor Club this sunday (eastern CT) if you want some practice.

Last edited:
I'll be there too , I as well am a glutton and a newbie at this IDPA thing.....I don't know if I'm ready for Ct State IDPA or not but we'll see...what's the worst that could happen? A good laugh.............probably!

Well......I shot IDPA earlier this month for the first time and loved it....I sucked but had fun sucking![rofl].........is anyone here going to shoot 9/06 at HGC in East Granby? I could always use some pointers to reduce my level of suckage!

My suggestions are as follows:

When shooting the short strings, make sure you get the head shots. Quick taps to the body then make sure you do not miss the heads.

When shooting on the move, move with baby steps to maintain your sight picture

Practice the long shots. Know where your gun hits from 25 yards and aim accordingly.

Most points are dropped in the following manner

Shooting slow and not making the most of the time

Misses on head shots

Misses from the 20 yard barricade

Above all, between now and the classifier, get to a range, practice the classifier and gain confidence.

The IDPA classifier gives you all the skills you need to shoot a successful match. It is all about basic handgun skills. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Back
Top Bottom