IDPA at Old Colony

IDPA is on track and picking up steam at Old Colony Sportsmens Association. Four new dedicated pits are on line and today's shoot had close to the self imposed max of forty shooters. Thanks to a bunch of folks led by Ron us South Shore guys won't have to travel as far for a shoot. I'm not sure if this morning's run was the last of the season but I'm looking forward to more whenever it is. I gotta say the only drawback today was having to smell bacon cooking in the kitchen while listening to my empty stomach growl.

Old Colony in Pembroke is a pretty good sized club. Very active on the weekends in the shotgun department with two skeet fields as well as trap and five-stand. The shotgunners serve cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off in their own little clubhouse. Great bunch of shotgun shooters. Old Colony also has rifle out to 200 yards and they shoot right through the winter. The shooting house for 200 yards always has the wood stove cooking away. Open one of the windows and take a few shots but try not to let all the heat out. Old Colony muzzleloaders have their own rustic cabin in the woods with a wood stove for parties and hanging around. I do think I saw an extension cord heading that way recently. With indoor pistol and a GREAT breakfast on the weekend, OCSA has it covered and now we have IDPA!!

IDPA is on track and picking up steam at Old Colony Sportsmens Association. Four new dedicated pits are on line and today's shoot had close to the self imposed max of forty shooters. Thanks to a bunch of folks led by Ron us South Shore guys won't have to travel as far for a shoot. I'm not sure if this morning's run was the last of the season but I'm looking forward to more whenever it is. I gotta say the only drawback today was having to smell bacon cooking in the kitchen while listening to my empty stomach growl.

I'm a member there and shot on Saturday. IDPA matches are scheduled for every third Saturday of the month (weather permitting) , so far the matches in the new pits have been well run and all have been over around noon. They are limited to 40 shooters so pre registaration through the web site is recommended https://sites.google.com/site/oldcolonysaweb/
Also the kitchen opens at 8 , if you plan on eating there bring your appetite! The breakfast sandwiches will carry you through lunch.

I'm a member there and shot on Saturday. IDPA matches are scheduled for every third Saturday of the month (weather permitting) , so far the matches in the new pits have been well run and all have been over around noon. They are limited to 40 shooters so pre registaration through the web site is recommended https://sites.google.com/site/oldcolonysaweb/
Also the kitchen opens at 8 , if you plan on eating there bring your appetite! The breakfast sandwiches will carry you through lunch.

Just visited the web site but could not register for the Jan 20 match. Am I doing something wrong?

IDPA will fill up,quickly at Pembroke as there are no other local clubs running IDPA. I think Dartmouth is the next closest one. I only wish Pembroke did this a few years ago. I had to travel over 1.5 hrs to closest match when I was interested in idea. Bravo to those running it @ Pembroke. I hope it last I want to attend but can't until early next year.

Just visited the web site but could not register for the Jan 20 match. Am I doing something wrong?

January 20th would be Tuesday, the one that shows "closed" is for December. it looks like they don't have the January match link posted. I'll email the guys and see if they can put it on the page.
Here is the link to register for the January IDPA MATCH on 1/17/15- https://clubs.practiscore.com/ocsa-2014-jan/register
Use this link to register for the IDPA Live Fire Practice 1/24/15 - https://clubs.practiscore.com/ocsa-jan-2014-practice/register

Last edited:
When you go to the registration page at the top right it says "closed". Assumption would be that they are filled up.

The only match I could access was the December match which was closed. I couldn't find any way to register for the Jan 20 match.

A lot of the clubs haven't updated their websites for the new year/season.

Monument Beach in Bourne also runs IDPA, first Saturday of the month.

Back
Top Bottom