• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDPA and USPSA rules question

Situation: There is a fault line at a corner wall, with cardboard targets 15 yards away. The competitor is Olaf (from Arandelle)

He plants his feet/body within the fault line, but then detaches his arm (as he is known to do) to shoot the targets at point blank range. In IDPA, would this be a PE, FP, FTDR or no penalty? Would this be a penalty in USPSA?

Yes, this is what I think about during matches.

Situation: There is a fault line at a corner wall, with cardboard targets 15 yards away. The competitor is Olaf (from Arandelle)

He plants his feet/body within the fault line, but then detaches his arm (as he is known to do) to shoot the targets at point blank range. In IDPA, would this be a PE, FP, FTDR or no penalty? Would this be a penalty in USPSA?

Yes, this is what I think about during matches.

IIRC, Olaf's detached arm is subject to gravity and would be touching the ground outside the fault line. One penalty per shot fired. The target would probably be unscore-able because of muzzle blast, so he'd get a mandatory reshoot.

IIRC, Olaf's detached arm is subject to gravity and would be touching the ground outside the fault line. One penalty per shot fired. The target would probably be unscore-able because of muzzle blast, so he'd get a mandatory reshoot.

I was under the impression he could levitate his arms when detached.

Back
Top Bottom