• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I love the snow...

Broc

NES Member
...it makes it a lot easier tot rack animals.

I was following some coyote tracks this morning, and they ended here:
IMAG0023.jpg

i kept walking around and there seemed to be at least 3 coyotes running in a circle. After that they went to a field, and i lost them, the snow covered their tracks.

freakin coyotes have run my prime spot dry. The deer were coming through like clock work, saw deer every week between bow and shotgun season. Then I started seeing coyotes. Went out this morning, walked the whole area, not 1 deer track but coyote tracks everywhere.

Sounds like it's time then to start hunting some coyotes. They won't fill the freezer, but by taking them out hopefully next year the deer will be back to their previous patterns.

Sounds like it's time then to start hunting some coyotes. They won't fill the freezer, but by taking them out hopefully next year the deer will be back to their previous patterns.

Actually, when u take them out, more come and take over the territory. That's why coyotes are fun to hunt. You get an unlimited supply of them. Those tracks are 100 feet away from my tree stand.

I couldn't agree more. I got bit by the coyote bug a few years ago and I think I look forward to it more than deer season. They are taking out the fawns and what few ground nesting birds we have left, not to mention domesticated animals, becoming desensitized to humans,etc. The sight of two or three predators running toward you thinking you're breakfast - unbelievable. And centerfire allowed to boot!! As soon as deer muzzleloader ends...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom