I guess I'm "maturing" as a pistol reloader.

Well.. I'm breaking down. I don't think I'll be cleaning primer pockets anymore, too much work and it slows things down too much. I guess if the pockets get really bad I might do it. [wink]

Next maybe I'll start using just lead instead of plated bullets?

If you are going to change to lead, give the poly coated bullets a try. MUCH better and MUCH cleaner than standard lead...

If you are going to change to lead, give the poly coated bullets a try. MUCH better and MUCH cleaner than standard lead...

Absolutely. I'm using them in my .40 and .45's and am quite happy.

And I haven't cleaned pistol primer pockets in over half a decade, with no ill effects. My wrists are happier, too.

Can someone pm me a source for "poly coated" bullets?

Google comes up empty handed.

Thanks,
Matt

(on the tone of the origonal thread: How often do you inspect case length on pistol brass? I always do it, but last night after serveral hundred pieces with nothing out of spec and never having had one out of spec before, I was considering giving up.)

Unless your source ships to MA, it is not "for everones [sic] use."

If it DOES ship here, you are a fool for posting it. The mods should delete the post accordingly.

Last edited:
High quality hard cast lead bullets leave little or no residue at even jacket bullet velocities.

Oregon Trail Laser Cast are my choice.

BTW, I clean (and uniform) the primer pockets of my rifle match ammo but nothing else. I am mostly doing it to ensure no high primers in my 223 ammo since ARs have a floating firing pin.

I clean primer pockets. I figure anything worth doing is worth doing all the way. Besides I have lots of time on my hands

Back
Top Bottom