I don't know much about reloading

I'm interested in getting into reloading especially if I'm going to shoot as much as I plan on when I get my license.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any classes in the Everett area or any good books I could pick up to help with the learning curve

Thanks

Kittery Trading Post has a free intro to reloading class. I am considering taking it but have not yet had the time to do so. There is info on their website.

You cold PM (Private message) Dukeinmaine, he has a hands on class that covers it A-Z, he has a published book for you to take with you and you actually make bullets that you will shoot and take home with you at the end of the class.

There is a guy (I assume) who goes by the user name Eddie Coyle on this forum who runs classes. Quite a few people on here have taken his class and are usually happy they did. I don't know how far he is from Everett.

Been loading a few years now. If eddiecoyles class was available back then I would have took it. Would have saved me some time and got more sleep!
Anyway check your local library network for reloading books. I found several Lyman and a seirra book along with some others. Don't buy any books just yet. Some are a waste of money. Ex : I found the abc's of reloading a bit vag.

Also try ammosmith.com and ultimatereloader on you tube. There's ton of stuff on you tube......lots of crap to.
You can check out hornady's how to set up lock and load also there's a sticky at the topof this section....this will give you a good idea of the loaders.

If you consider a lee loadmaster check out lee loadmaster.com these guys have the load master worked out...
Good luck have fun just a note I do not recommend a lee loader unless your a tinkered.....not " bad" presses......just saying. I own lee products just not their progressive loaders.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a turret style press
Just get the lee or hornady quick change die adapters for a single stage press

Last edited:
If you haven't done so yet,purchase one of the various reloading manuals they have sections on the basics of reloading for both rifle and handguns. I would suggest the latest Lyman manual and go on you tube there are loads of reloading videos. If you have questions feel free to PM me I've been reloading and casting my own bullets for 40+ years now and maybe I can answer any questions you might have.

Eddie Coyle gives classes at GOAL, great class.

http://www.goal.org/training/schedule.html

+1

I have not taking it. wish I did (not to late yet) I have been to 2 different shoots where I had issues with my ammo and EddieCoyle pointed out my mistakes. he is very knowledgeable.

as far as books lyman, speer, hornady. The abc's of reloading will give you an idea of whats involved, but had no load data.

don't worry about presses till you are ready. read reviews ask some one if you can try theirs before you buy. Dont get scared by upfront cost. its expensive to start up, but even more expensive if you have to do it twice.

Another +1 for Eddie Coyle's class. Although Jim teaches the class at GOAL, he teaches at other locations as well. Check into his site at www.massreloading.com to see his schedule. The class is fantastic and if you're just thinking about reloading it will be a great opportunity to learn about the pieces you'll need to begin.

Back
Top Bottom