I am in the process of renewing my Maine Non-resident permit and I have a question.

Hey Team,

I am in the process of renewing my Maine Non-resident CCW. I have 2 questions.

1) For renewal, I don't have to submit Birth Certificate or Hand Gun Safety Cert correct?
2) I am in the process of moving, Do I need to send the $60 for the renewal and 2 dollars for the change of address or just $60?

Fee

Okay Wendell, it was the weekend I was trying to get out on Monday on the way to work and I know plenty of here have it I just wanted to get a leg up. It is kinda thing we do for each other on the forum. Thank you for your answer.

Fee

Hey Team,

I am in the process of renewing my Maine Non-resident CCW. I have 2 questions.

1) For renewal, I don't have to submit Birth Certificate or Hand Gun Safety Cert correct?
2) I am in the process of moving, Do I need to send the $60 for the renewal and 2 dollars for the change of address or just $60?

Fee

Okay Wendell, it was the weekend I was trying to get out on Monday on the way to work and I know plenty of here have it I just wanted to get a leg up. It is kinda thing we do for each other on the forum. Thank you for your answer.

Fee

Many of us here have not yet experienced a renewal for ME, so Wendell's response may be your best bet.

My GUESS is that they likely don't need you to prove you were born in the US each time and I doubt that you need training for each renewal (but I'd specifically check that out). As for moving, if you know your new address and you'll be there to receive Mail before you get your renewal back, I'd use that address as a "change" on the renewal form now and avoid the hassle later.

Are their specific instructions with the renewal form? Is it an abbreviated form vs. the original we all filled out?

Sorry I can't help either with definitive info, I've got a few years to go before I'll find that info out for myself.

Hey Len,

Before (at least how I remember it) it stated renewals don't have to do A,B,C items. This one, when I read it, omits the specifics and kinda lumps renewals and new together. I could be mistaken but I thought the Maine App required us to send a copy of all our other licenses with the Application before (I could be confusing NH or CT on this point) which now it seems not to have.

Fee

After reading your question I perused the Maine website and while one of your questions appeared to be immediately addressed, another of your questions did not appear to be addressed, so - while fully recognizing that some people who post questions on internet forums are sometime too busy to read FAQs - I posted the FAQ link.

In my experience, answers on internet forums that do not include corroborative links should be viewed with suspicion, so I try not to engage in that.

Back
Top Bottom