I am at work... S&W M&P Sport (castle nut) Staked???

bender73

NES Member
Do they stake the castle nut from the factory? I want to get a MOE buffer and stock to pin it shorter. Never changed something like this. Can I if it is staked? Not sure if it is. Thanks!

It is possible they put thread locker on it at the factory.

With the proper wrench and possibly a little heat you shouldn't have much trouble moving it.

Even if it is staked you can still disassemble it. The staking is just to keep it from loosening during normal use, put wrench on it and it'll come loose.

You really only need to back it off enough so that you can twist the tube, so not really a whole lot. Remember the detent spring is gonna wanna pop out when the end plate comes loose.

orig sport was staked I don't know about the new one. Also you couldn't use the Buffer tube or stock again as the tube was shorter inside and cemented on.LoL.. Buy a tube and new stock

Last edited:
orig sport was staked I don't know about the new one. Also you couldn't use the Buffer tube or stock again as the tube was shorter inside and cemented on.LoL.. Buy a tube and new stock

thanks. i purchased new everything. I'll stick a roller pin in there and call it a day. Stupid liberal state. (still on a rant)

Back
Top Bottom