how to buy a gun in maine and transfer it to Mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was recently up at the kittery trading post and i was looking at a 4th generation glock 19. I was wondering how to get it down here through the procedueral end of things

Thanks Everyone

i was recently up at the kittery trading post and i was looking at a 4th generation glock 19. I was wondering how to get it down here through the procedueral end of things

Thanks Everyone

You, effectively, can't. A MA FFL isn't supposed to transfer that per state regs and KTP most likely won't sell it to you.

You should really search this site and read all the stickied posts.

Thanks Everyone

You can't.
A glock 19 is not approved to be sold or transferred by a dealer in MA because it does not comply with the Attorney General's consumer protection act regulations. When guns are not compliant with the consumer protection act regulations it cannot be sold or pass through the hands of a dealer unless it was in the state before the consumer protection act was instituted (I think it's some time in 1994 or 1998 I don't remember)

This only applies to dealers though. You can possess and sell them private sale.
You cannot buy a handgun from another state that you don't reside. There is a federal law against that. All handguns must be transferred to a dealer in your state to do the background check. Effectively this means you cannot get the Glock transferred in.

Long guns are not the same. You can buy one from Kittery and then bring it to MA so long as you register it via FA10 form within i think 7 or 10 days (I forget).

become a member of GOAL. They have all the answers. www.goal.org

Thanks Everyone

Wow what an 11th post.

Go to the section called Mass Laws and read every post especially the stickies.

Or call Martha Coakley's Office and..

Never mind it's not worth it.

KTP won't even sell it to you, so transferring it out is a moot point. This has been beaten to death, look at the stickies in the MA gun laws subforum.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom