How old are these CCI primers?

milktree

NES Member
I ended up with a bunch of old primers. They all seem to work 100% so far. I'm curious about their age.

These are clearly the oldest. Note the copper/brass color of the primers themselves. 1950s maybe?

These are less old: more modern design, but green. '70s?

These are even less old, I see this CCI logo sometimes now, but the price ($11/1,000) suggests not very new :)

I'm guessing these are slightly newer, the white packaging looks more current than the beige:

The first primers I bought looked like this:

575198.jpg
so these predate my reloading career by a bunch.

Any ideas to their age?

you got the history of cci in primers, nice!
I was thinking the same thing lol. Looks like the 50s through the 90s anyway.

The packaging/color of the oldest primers, screams late 50s early 60s to me. But I'm only 30 years old....

The packaging of primers haven't changed since I've been reloading (~5 years)[laugh]

I just looked on a newer package it says Blount Inc. same address. No mention of Cascade Cartridge Inc. great info for a reloader trivia contest.:)

I'd save the oldest package or maybe one package each from a succession of ages. There are collectors of everything. I'm not a hoarder but I do like the history of things I'm into.

CCI could probably shed some light on dates. I don't see any wooden primer trays, but maybe CCI hasn't been around as long as Winchester and Remington

I know the beige colored package with the red rectangular logo is from the 1980's. When I was reloading a ton back then that's how I was buying them.

CCI could probably shed some light on dates. I don't see any wooden primer trays, but maybe CCI hasn't been around as long as Winchester and Remington

I saw a thing on the web (CCI's website I think?) that said they first started making primers in 1951.

Back
Top Bottom