• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Votes to Eliminate Service Camo Patterns

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
How would we tell everyone apart???

A Congressional committee voted Wednesday to end service-specific camouflage in an amendment that would push the military toward creating joint combat uniforms by 2018.

Committee members expressed frustration over the millions of dollars the services have spent to field camouflage patterns that focus more on creating a visual brand than effective concealment for the battlefield.

This is not the first time the Pentagon has been criticized over its management of camouflage development.

The Government Accountability Office blasted the U.S. military in September for the way it has developed camouflage uniforms over the past decade. Since 2012, military service leaders have introduced seven new patterns -- two desert, two woodland and three universal -- in a "fragmented approach" that GAO officials argue should be avoided in the future.

House Votes to Eliminate Service Camo Patterns | Military.com

ACU for everyone. Lowest common denominator for the win.

all i know is when a plain brown deer gets 30 yds into the brush,it disappears,till I see movement[smile]

snowfallpink2.jpg

here we go this should work

Well the way king osama is running things, everyone will be wearing either pajamas, or a potato sack and sombrero!!

Charles.

Why, in the name of god, would you want to do that to everyone? The only way ACU's blend into anything, at all, is if you haven't washed them in three weeks while doing patrols outside the wire and go prone in a blown up building. Even then, it's only because they become infused with the natural crap and dirt of the local AO. Plus, Velcro sucks balls... and so does the crotch stitching on the trousers, shit always rips. Take a knee? Rip. Step on a ladder? Rip. Get in a truck? Rip.

I don't, but they suck so they'll probably win.

Back
Top Bottom