Hora Dolor round 3. Any interest?

I am actually interested in this. Would need a teammate who doesn't mid a fat kid running around, out of breath, yelling for a cheeseburger!

Some more thoughts / ideas for a relay portion of the event.

Relay Portion (Pistol Shoot at dueling tree or similar auto-resetting target)
1. Team Members pick up a pair of matched weights. (Dumbbell or similar)
2. Team Member A runs the relay segment (i.e. 50 yards out and back) with one of the weights.
3. Team Member B stands, holding the other weight. The weight must be held above shoulder level. The weight may not rest on the shoulder or head. The load must be borne entirely by the arms. Any time the load rests, the team receives a time penalty (i.e. 10 seconds)
4. When Team Member A returns from the relay segment, both members may put the weights down. No Dropping the weights, they must be placed on the ground.
5. Team Member B must shoot the target X times with pistol.
6. After the target is hit X times, team members swap roles and repeat (Runner / shooter).
7. After the second team member hits the target X times, the stage is clear.
Options:
1. The shooter can only load one magazine per relay segment. (i.e. if the shooter empties the mag and the target hasn’t been hit enough times, team members swap roles. This continues until the target has been hit X number of times total – so one team member can miss all their shots, with the extra running segments in between.
2. Variable weights: team members can select a higher weight load to get a time bonus on their final score. (i.e. 5 lbs = 0 seconds, 10 lbs = 10 seconds, 20 = seconds, etc.)

fortunately joe was there to help for that second run, the first time she pulled me WAY farther than was required on the shovel sled since we both didn't listen to the briefing about that part. we still weren't last, but i bet our time would have been much better!

Another idea: change the "memory" stage to something a bit more defined. Maybe use a grid pattern with various squares filled in. Teams have to go look at the pattern number assigned to them, then come back and recreate the same pattern at the shooting range. If they match, go shoot, if not, run back and look again.

This is similar to the random stuff in buckets questions from HD2. It just takes the random out of it.

Another idea: change the "memory" stage to something a bit more defined. Maybe use a grid pattern with various squares filled in. Teams have to go look at the pattern number assigned to them, then come back and recreate the same pattern at the shooting range. If they match, go shoot, if not, run back and look again.

This is similar to the random stuff in buckets questions from HD2. It just takes the random out of it.

i'm starting to hate you. my memory sucks.

i got the hippo question right with a wild ass guess, too--but lady atilla spoke first and said three before i could blurt out FOUR! [laugh]

I liked the memory part. But the real reason for it was to make people run. It was just for suffering. Though a couple people stepped up and actually knew the answer first try. They benefited.

I wouldn't worry about Atilla even if he remembered he hated you what's he going to do about it? You have belts bigger than he is!

I like, except I would combine that and make teams actually shoot squares out of target to recreate pattern?

I like, except I would combine that and make teams actually shoot squares out of target to recreate pattern?

That would be cool. However, the way the event runs (or at least last time) there was no cold range condition until all the teams were finished. There wouldn't be time to check targets or reset without greatly delaying things.

That would be cool. However, the way the event runs (or at least last time) there was no cold range condition until all the teams were finished. There wouldn't be time to check targets or reset without greatly delaying things.

Gotcha.

I liked the memory part. But the real reason for it was to make people run. It was just for suffering. Though a couple people stepped up and actually knew the answer first try. They benefited.

I wouldn't worry about Atilla even if he remembered he hated you what's he going to do about it? You have belts bigger than he is!

Like the team that wrote the entire contents of the buckets down?

I feel that getting the question right the first time was just too random of a chance thing, rather than based on a measurable skill.

I'm all for extra physical exertion to get the win, and I also would like each team to face the same challenges that can't be won by simple luck.

so i was thinking about how heavy that plate carrier is and thinking more and more about how embarrassing it's going to be walking the entire course.

roland, you wear one so you walk, too. [rofl]

so i was thinking about how heavy that plate carrier is and thinking more and more about how embarrassing it's going to be walking the entire course.

roland, you wear one so you walk, too. [rofl]

I'm swapping my plates out for Dixie paper plates. Should solve problem

Back
Top Bottom