Holster Question

Until I save up enough to buy a better carry gun, I need to carry my SR9. I have been messing around with some positions with a cheap IWB holster (elite) and the only position that doesn't make the handle stick out it is the middle of my back, 6-o'clock.

Does anyone carry at 6 o'clock or carry an SR9?? also, I am right-handed, but in order to carry like this I need to order a left-handed holster. It is easier to get a good grip that way.

I used to carry my Glock 19 in a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB and the grip stuck out terribly. A better belt and a better holster will fix the problem. Used together, meaning invest in both a good belt and a good holster, they will pull the gun in and keep it good and tight against your body, making concealment much easier.

If you are right handed, and you are going to carry small of back, you want a right handed holster IMHO. If you buy a left handed holster, you will have to cross the muzzle over the side of your body as you draw to bring the gun forward. Keep the right handed holster. I am a lefty and I carry the gun at roughly 7 oclock and it hides very well. Anywhere else besides there and dead middle SOB and the gun prints like whoah.

I used to carry my Glock 19 in a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB and the grip stuck out terribly. A better belt and a better holster will fix the problem. Used together, meaning invest in both a good belt and a good holster, they will pull the gun in and keep it good and tight against your body, making concealment much easier.

So if I got the cross-breed will it hide the handle at say 4-5 o'clock? Or would a left-handed crossbreed at 6 o'clock be best for concealment?

Thanks

Nothing wrong with an SR9. Crossbreed makes a nice 3 o'clock for it. I can't help with 6 o'clock - I tried it a few times but it's not for me.

So if I got the cross-breed will it hide the handle at say 4-5 o'clock? Or would a left-handed crossbreed at 6 o'clock be best for concealment?

Thanks

My current setup is a a 1911 commander size in a crossbreed at about 4:30-ish with a 1.5" belt from The Beltman. I have only handled the SR9 twice, but I believe it is rather close (not exact) in dimension to my 1911. The grip stays nice and tight. It sticks out if I bend over at the waist very deeply, but as long as I don't do that, it's not a problem.

I don't think a crossbreed would work very well at 6 o'clock. At least not the super tuck. It's very wide and it designed to wrap around your hip. They do offer a money-back trial period though so you could try it I guess.

I wear mine just past 3:00. Maybe 3:30 or 3:45 at the most. Of course everyone is different so the best thing to do it try it yourself.

Last edited:
I don't think a crossbreed would work very well at 6 o'clock. At least not the super tuck. It's very wide and it designed to wrap around your hip. They do offer a money-back trial period though so you could try it I guess.

I think I am going to do that, try the right-handed and see how it works at 4-5 o'clock. If it doesn't, I can just send it back.

I carry a full size glock 17 & Glock 21 in a Galco Summer Comfort IWb holster, hardly any printing if any at all. Just wear one size bigger pant.. I also carry them in a Galco Concealed Carry Holster OSWB, both work great....
~Drew

I use a cheap ELITE holster with my M&P 40c...I wear it between 3 and 4 (3:30? LOL) and I tilt it a little forward and get decent results. I'm gonna try the Glock 17 tonight and see how that goes. BTW I'm sending you a PM..

You don't have a pistol problem. You have a holster problem. You also most likely have a belt problem.

Seriously. Spend the money on a quality belt and holster and your problems will disappear. Literally.

I routinely carry pistols as big as a 4" N frame .44 Magnum revolver without any printing whatsoever. That includes semi autos with grips as large as your SR9's (S&W M&P9, SIG P226, S&W 915).

You don't have a pistol problem. You have a holster problem. You also most likely have a belt problem.

Seriously. Spend the money on a quality belt and holster and your problems will disappear. Literally.

I routinely carry pistols as big as a 4" N frame .44 Magnum revolver without any printing whatsoever. That includes semi autos with grips as large as your SR9's (S&W M&P9, SIG P226, S&W 915).

Thanks Jose

Is the Cross Breed Super-Tuck considered a "good" holster?

Jose is right. i had the elite and tried to conceal a fs M&P with less than desirable results. i went to the MTAC and instructor belt, and it was far easier. i could even make it disappear in a baggy tshirt.

Back
Top Bottom