• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

holster question and suggestion...

seanc

NES Member
Looking for holsters for a couple of guns. And Looking seriously at kydex and the hybrids..

Assuming IWB kydex only, does that irritate skin?? If the holster is in direct contact is it painful, managable etc?

Also,
is there any way that a new heading/ forum could be put up specifically for CCW and or holsters?? It would be nice to have all the info on one tab.

i have a hybrid...an MTAC to be exact. sometimes i dont like the pressure that is on my hip when i sit weird, i would assume it would be hard and less comfortable if it was just kydex, since the leather has somewhat of a cushion. i couldnt ask for a better holster though. i do want to try a milt sparks VMII, but until then i am very happy with my MTAC for everyday carry

just my opinion...but since there are different strokes for different folks...there wouldnt be much of a point for a forum dedicated to holsters. so many different combos out there gun/holster, gun/person, person/holster, etc... that it would be hard to have valuable info. just because i think the MTAC is great and conceals my g23 well, doesnt mean the next guy will like it or it will work for them....JMHO

I've done Comp TAC's C-Tac and M-Tac IWB holsters.

The C-Tac is 100% Kydex, the M-Tac is a hybrid.

Both are comfortable and wearable but the hybrid IS more comfortable. The only downside is it's a tad thicker because of the leather backer - and it's like 1/8" tops.

just my opinion...but since there are different strokes for different folks...there wouldnt be much of a point for a forum dedicated to holsters. so many different combos out there gun/holster, gun/person, person/holster, etc... that it would be hard to have valuable info.

here is my take on it.. There seems to be a LOT of holster threads around. Through plowing around it appears that c-tac/ m-tac and infidel have got quite a bunch of positive feed back. If there was one mtac thread, it would be helpful. And it would be easier to get an over all feel for those that have had positive and/ or negative experiences and on different guns. A 1911 works great while the pps is a non starter, etc..

Another popular one seems to be I just bought a (fill in the blank) what holster should I get.

A J-frame stickie would be good here, as the one guy (me 5'9" 150) says this holster A is the only way to go while the other guy 7'6" 375 says otherwise.. with the varying options in one place it may give the 6'2" 225 person a better feel for what might work better for them..

just a thought..

Galco, Summer Comfort, In the pant holsters are great, just wear one size bigger pants..

Back
Top Bottom