Holster Pull

OK, so this is my first holster that is not a Concealed inside the pants holster. I am trying it out, and it is a retension paddle style. At first, the tension was so high, that when I went to draw, I basically gave myself a wedgie, and was wearing my belt as a necklace. So I loosened the tension. When I pull, it still tugs a bit on the pants, and I have my belt pretty tight.

I just want to confirm that this is the way it is supposed to be and that I am not doing anything incorrectly. I can now get it out with relative ease, but if I were to be, say, hung upside down, the gun would likely fall out after a minute or 2.

Thoughts on how loose the tension should be? There is no clamp to the belt, but rather a bolt which kinda "hooks" to the bottom of the belt. Is this the case with all paddle holsters?

Thanks.

OK, so this is my first holster that is not a Concealed inside the pants holster. I am trying it out, and it is a retension paddle style. At first, the tension was so high, that when I went to draw, I basically gave myself a wedgie, and was wearing my belt as a necklace. So I loosened the tension. When I pull, it still tugs a bit on the pants, and I have my belt pretty tight.

I just want to confirm that this is the way it is supposed to be and that I am not doing anything incorrectly. I can now get it out with relative ease, but if I were to be, say, hung upside down, the gun would likely fall out after a minute or 2.

Thoughts on how loose the tension should be? There is no clamp to the belt, but rather a bolt which kinda "hooks" to the bottom of the belt. Is this the case with all paddle holsters?

Thanks.

If you are using a Kydex holster. You want to snap the gun out of the holster, not pull it out, the faster the better. this way will allow you to run high tension but still have a smooth draw. The amount of tension will depend on what you are doing, competition, you want very little tension, carry you want a good amount

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom