Holiday Projects

The Goose

NES Member
I have been off this week and have spent some time in my shop getting caught up and reloading in preparation for warmer weather. See below:

Starting from left to right. I made up 100 rounds of .38 Short Colt for my a German RIC style revolver. 125 grain LFN over 10 grs of 3f blackpowder. The one next to it is a .38 Long Colt. I have been shooting the short in my revolver and just discovered that the Long chambers perfectly. The one shown is a dummy round with the same 125 gr. bullet. I have a 150 gr mold on order for it and will be trimming down some .38 special brass for it.

Next are 2 .44's. A .44 bulldog and a .442 (or .44 Webley). Both have a 170 gr bullet. The Bulldog has 8 grs of 3F and the .442 has 12 grs.

Next is a 10.4mm Italian Ordnance round with a 180 gr. bullet over 13 grs of 3F for my Glisenti Bodeo revolver.

11mm French Ordnance with a 200 gr. heeled bullet over 11 grs of 3F. for my French Chamelot-Delvigne 1873.

11.75mm with a 300 gr bullet over 32 grs of 3F for my Montengrin Gasser revolver.

Next is two .450 Adams rounds. The first one has a 200 gr. RNFP bullet and the next is a 230 gr. LRN. Both are over 12 grains of 3F.

.43 Dutch Beaumont Vitali round with a 405 gr. hollow base bullet over 70 grs of 2F. Case was formed from 50/90 brass.

Lastly is a shortened .41 magnum case that will be formed into a 9.4mm Dutch round when the dies arrive next week.

I made quite a few of each type. Lots of time (and fun)

Nice... have you tried using any black powder substitute?
Would something like trail boss work in these ?
Interesting stuff. Good to see you actually shooting some of these older guns.

Nice... have you tried using any black powder substitute?
Would something like trail boss work in these ?
Interesting stuff. Good to see you actually shooting some of these older guns.

I suppose I could use one of the substitutes, but I will not even consider any type of smokeless powder. I like black powder. It is safe in my old guns, makes a nice boom and lots of smoke. I see no reason to use anything else.

Only BP I,have is a Omega and a 1894 32SW Lemmon squeezer. I run smokeless through that though. I plan on trying trailboss at some point.

Goose your like GE ,you bring good things to life nice work . PS I gotta pinfire if ya need a challenge [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom