Hey check out my box

I got a M53 awile back and liked the crate it came in ( I seem to like crates in general, they make good display items), but it was too plain. Now me being the non wood working type I gave it to my friend and told him what I wanted and this is what he came back with. I thing it turned out pretty cool

DSC08202.jpg

DSC08203.jpg

He made a holder for the drums

DSC08204.jpg

DSC08205.jpg

He milled out both ends so that the gun will fit in without having to take off the flash hider

DSC08206.jpg

He also drilled out the center of some dowels and put them on the rope handles. It makes it easier to carry now.

DSC08207.jpg

DSC05426.jpg

He also padded the places where the gun hits the wood and filled in all the screw holes on the outside. This thing is heavy now, you need 2 people to lift it. Now I just need to find some good lettering to put on the side.

Very nice - maybe buy a stencil set and spray what you want written on it - they all seem like they are painted with white using poor stencils

I did something similar when I got a few swords from Albion Armorers. They came shipped in wooden cases with holders to keep them from bouncing around inside so I refinished the wood and lined them with black velvet. Then I added lexan glass doors and antique style hinges and hasps with rustic looking padlocks. It was the only way my wife didn't bitch about them hanging on the living room wall.

Its great when you make use of shipping hardware like a display or carrying case. I like it much better than the coffin you had on display. [laugh]

I know you said you like crates but.... is that a pink coffin in the above pic???

Yes it is. It used to be in the front room of my old house. My ex-girlfriend like vampires and stuff like that, and this was given to us. We used to decorate it for holidays sometimes. Right now it is in the barn in the corner. Here are a couple of pic of it

Armed forces day?
DSC03148.jpg

Christmas
Christmascoffin.jpg

Here are a couple of more crates that I have in my gun room

Crate full of M-44 (10)
DSC00275.jpg

Czech RPG training rockets that fire 7.62x39
DSC00276.jpg

I have another crate in the cellar that hold 20 M91/30's, but don't have any room in the gun room to put it. I guess I will have to rearrange at some point

NIce, am in middle of doing something similiar to my M53 crate(as dont look like it will ever sell). put a locking latch on it, now am gonna paint and pad it to make it a locking case for the range.

As for the casket, nice 16 guage (batesville im guessing?) airtight steel model. Saves ya $1200-1500 later down the road :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom