Hero store owner 'Shotgun Gus' sorry for thugs he shot

March 11, 2010

But city folk hero Charles Augusto Jr. says he still feels sorry for the two thugs he filled with buckshot last year when they tried to rob his Harlem restaurant supply store, and who today were sent up the river for five years apiece.

"I think [a five-year-sentence] was too much, actually," said Augusto, who's hailed in his neighborhood as "Shotgun Gus" for pulling his licensed Remington 12-guage on four armed robbers, killing two and sending the other two on their way to prison.

"I think they suffered enough already," he said of the two who lived.

READ MORE

oh well.

he killed two scum bags, so I guess he's just feeling a big "remorseful" about the two punks that lived

What a strange story. Sounds like it would rather have been killed by the thugs. How odd.

CLMN

What a strange story. Sounds like it would rather have been killed by the thugs. How odd.

CLMN

Disagree. I think he's at peace that it was a necessary action to kill those two, but he's still suffering from the aftereffects of taking human life.

I guess its easy for us to say he's strange for feeling remorseful, you never know how it feels to take a life until it happens. *hoping it will never happen to us*

Disagree. I think he's at peace that it was a necessary action to kill those two, but he's still suffering from the aftereffects of taking human life.

This.
While they mad have been bad guys. They may have deserved what was coming to them. But they are still human. And that is what the shop owner is feeling remorseful about. That he had no choice but to take the lives of two humans.

His best hope has to be that they'll come out of prison reformed (probably in 2 or 3 years), or he had better reload and be ready for them.

Back
Top Bottom