Help needed: Safety of bolt will not turn (Spanish Oviedo 1916 rifle)

Cleaning up my newest C&R acquistion and bolt safety will not turn.... It is a pretty beat up rifle (My research from stamps and faint crest on receiver: Spanish M1916 Oviedo - date stamped on receiver 1926) Will likely not shoot it (7x57mm) but just want to get everything working on it.

Once I have the bolt closed and ready to shoot, the safety will not budge - really do not want to force it and break it or order new bolt....

Thanks.

Cleaning up my newest C&R acquistion and bolt safety will not turn.... It is a pretty beat up rifle (My research from stamps and faint crest on receiver: Spanish M1916 Oviedo - date stamped on receiver 1926) Will likely not shoot it (7x57mm) but just want to get everything working on it.

Once I have the bolt closed and ready to shoot, the safety will not budge - really do not want to force it and break it or order new bolt....

Thanks.

Bring it by. I'll fix it for you. jp

Jim - thanks for the help....

OK I was able to get the bolt disassmbled (manually) but now I have another problem.

I am guessing I have to get some replacement parts - cocking piece and safety level are lining up on the rifle....

Jim - thanks for the help....

OK I was able to get the bolt disassmbled (manually) but now I have another problem.

I am guessing I have to get some replacement parts - cocking piece and safety level are lining up on the rifle....

So they are hitting the Stock?

Back
Top Bottom