• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help ID this pistol and transfer info needed!

Hi all. My mom gave me a pistol. I believe it is stamped Remmington-richardson, 6 shot revolver, Ser. number on the butt and no ammo info on it. I was told it is a 32 cal. Can anyone give me the model of this?

Also do I have to do a FA-10 transfer on this?[rules]

How about Harrington and Richardson? Get all the info off it and report back. Pics will help too.

If it's in the same condition as the rusty old break-top .32 revolver gathering dust in my closet, bury it in the backyard until Mumbles Menino gets his $200 Target gift card gun buyback up and running again.

Depends... is your mother licensed? If not, you and her need to go to a local FFL and have it transferred.

she is not licensed. Guess we can do that sometime. She has had the gun for 35 years or more does it matter if she has no record of ownership?

Jon is probably right.

This is the forum for the answers you need.

http://thefirearmsforum.com/index.php

Another question..are you licensed?

If not, neither an Fa10 or an FFL transfer will work.

I looked on the forum and found alot of info. Sounds like it's best to set it aside as a conversation piece. It's made for black powder and most people suggesd not using smokeless ammop in it.

If it was made before 1899 you don't need a license or any paperwork. It's considered an antique.

Careful. You can technically own an antique pistol without an LTC. But you still need to comply with C. 269 § 10, which means you cannot possess or transport even an antique pistol outside your residence without an LTC. There's case law to support this (Commonwealth v. Bibby (2002)).

Back
Top Bottom