• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Health Care Amendment Aims to Relieve Gun Owners Concerns

Attention NRA
The manager's amendment aims to relieve gun owners concerns that reform would view gun ownership as an unhealthy lifestyle and charge them higher premiums or deny them coverage altogether. The amendment says that nothing in the bill requires people to disclose whether they own a gun and gun ownership cannot be factored into premiums or coverage decisions.

The language starts on page 5 of the amendment

That's good news of a sort. Thanks for the link. The main problem is that once the whole bill is passed, it could easily be amended at a later date. It's one of the reasons why I oppose the whole idea of involving government in the process to this degree. Government doesn't have a good track record of keeping their fingers out of the pie once they have a taste. [frown]

Great, so instead of taking our freedom, money and guns, they're only going to take our freedom and money. I feel so much better now.

What's the status of the ammendment?

There have been lots of meaningful ammendments offered that have been defeated.

My concern is over what the bill will say in its 'final form'.

Anyone remember how a couple of hundred pages were added to the Obama stimulus bill on its final day of voting?

This bill, if passed by the Senate, then goes to conference with the house and ANYTHING is apt to happen. Ultimately, very few people voting, will know what is in the bill they vote for. They're executing a purely political process to give Obama a victory and I wouldn't put deception or fraud beyond most of them.

Since most people don't even know who is writing these bills and how they are modified in their final stages, I don't know how it's possible to proceed with any level of confidence.

I don't trust this process AT ALL to not screw the citizenry in the interest of grabbing power and control over our lives for the purpose of social engineering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom