Have you heard of Annie Oakley?

TargetSportsUSA

Dealer
NES Member
Annie Oakley: The best female sharpshooter in history? You decide!

Annie Oakley: The best female sharpshooter in history? You decide!

Was just listening to a podcast about Buffalo Bill Cody and his Wild West shows back in the late 1800's. He recruited Annie Oakley to join his show and it became much more popular once she came aboard.

Ask them if they can name all the Kardashians

You're about 4-6 years late for the Kardashians. They're all into Swift and Kelce now.

Only 10/17 knew who Jesse Owens was, and although all but four of them had heard of Amelia Earhart, only one knew anything she'd done. Most of the rest associated her with getting "eaten by crabs."

I try to avoid asking them things like that. They always disappoint me. I blame the middle school model of early-adolescent learning, which delays them from having to actually know stuff.

I just asked my class. 13/17 had never heard of Annie Oakley, and only one kid could confidently express who she was.

These are mostly seniors in a very advanced class.

We are doomed.
Shes the one who flew across the Pacific right?

1704904881842.png

Last edited:
We had a (teen) NES member going by AbbieOakley. She decimated some of the cars during the shoots a while back.

Is she related to the long ago NES Member @AbbyOakley ? Who I hope has continued on in the shooting sports and kicking ass. [rockon] IYKYK
Abby is an NRA Instructor. She's married and as far as I know she's still shooting.

Is she related to the long ago NES Member @AbbyOakley ? Who I hope has continued on in the shooting sports and kicking ass. [rockon] IYKYK
Yes. My Mad Cow kicked in and I misspelled [laugh]

Abby is an NRA Instructor. She's married and as far as I know she's still shooting.
That's a great update. I know she went to an indoctrination camp (college) and am glad she didn't go to the dark side.

Our elementary school put on Annie Get Your Gun as the school play in 1976 or so. Probably kids using prop rifles would put the school on lockdown today.

Back
Top Bottom