hamsticks

just listed 8 hamsticks with big mag mount over in classifieds if anybody is interested.
pick up here in S.E. MA
DSCF0853.jpg

I was thinking about getting a pair of the 20m mini hamsticks and the dipole adapter from MFJ. I'm in condo and my balcony is a bit too small for anything larger. Any antenna outside is better than my indoor one I'm using now. Do they work reasonably well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do these compare to the Buddipole system? I get tempted to buy that from time to time, but then I realize I never use the antenna I already have [sad2].

I was thinking about getting a pair of the 20m mini hamsticks and the dipole adapter from MFJ. I'm in condo and my balcony is a bit too small for anything larger. Any antenna outside is better than my indoor one I'm using now. Do they work reasonably well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried that at my old condo, had a hard time getting them to tune up on 15 or 20m. I ended up just stringing a15m dipole up all around the balcony and it worked well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I tried that at my old condo, had a hard time getting them to tune up on 15 or 20m. I ended up just stringing a15m dipole up all around the balcony and it worked well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

agreed, hamsticks are a comprimise to work mobile and need a nice groundplane made of metal like your vehicle.
i had them on my full size truck and even used a srewdriver ant with great results.
more metal and good rounding the better performance you get. the more i grounded the less noise on rx and better signal on tx.
i had everything grounded, bed,exaust,hood fenders etc.. i found a metal tape with an adhesive backing and used it on the dist, firewall etc.
a wire di pole for an apt or anywhere cut to the frequency you plan on using is very effecient.
i have good results with vert wire dipoles for 30/40/80m phone with radials buried all over my back yard.
enjoy the hobby

Back
Top Bottom