H2259 - The way has been paved! Call your Reps and Sentators!

Now that the SCOTUS has made the ruling for 2A in our favor, I believe that the spinless MA legislators that have been holding H2259 in commitee will have to step up and move it through. It's my opinion that they have been sending it back for review so many times waiting to see what McDonald vs Chicago would bring. That way they could just have killed it if the ruling went the other way.

It's supposed to be in commitee again on the 30th. Make those phone calls please.

David Linsky spokeman for the "One Gun a Month" bill just stated on PBS, Greater Boston show, that a sticking point with H2259 is taking the licensing authority away from the local police. George Peterson was debating the usefulness, more truthfully the uselessness of the Patrick proposal. George Peterson did a good job discussing the cons of the bill. David Linsky claims that the One Gun A Month bill is designed to reduce the supply of guns from any source to inner city youth. Please, even the anti-gun Emily Rooney didn't buy his argument or believe more gun laws would stop the illegal supply.
Thanks for the reminder. I will contact the reps again.

Back
Top Bottom