Gunsmith in my area?

Hey all- I need some minor work done- I'm looking to do some work on my 700P to balance the weight and reduce recoil. The following is a suggestion I'm looking to follow off of another forum:

"I attended a 6 day precision rifle course with my AR and 700P (.308) a few weeks ago, and after a couple days and couple hundred rounds through the 700, I realized I had developed a flinch. My shoulder had gotten a bit sore, but I wasn't even realizing it until I put pressure on it. We took off the butt plate and filled it with #7 1/2 lead shot and 5 minute epoxy (mix it before you put it in the stock), then epoxied the plate back on. Balanced the rifle VERY nicely, made it nice and hefty, and now it recoils virtually none at all. Now I just have to overcome that little flinch I developed, it's widening my groups...."

So, admittedly, it's not serious work- but this is my first rifle and I'd rather take it to someone who knows what they're doing. I'm located in Quincy and work in Boston - any recommendations?

He is a bit further west (Worcester) but I have to recommend Mike Larocca of Larocca Gun Works.

Mike has worked on most of the guns I own in some way or another and he is not only a fantastic gunsmith, but a nice person as well.

Superb. Sent you a PM. Unless someone on here has any great (more local) suggestions, I'm going with this one. Last chance anyone??

Back
Top Bottom