Gunsacks

I just got 10 silicone gunsacks from Midway. They cost me about $45 with shipping. I was a little doubtfull about getting them.

What changed my mind was findind a little rust spot on a model 59 mag in the safe.

These gunsacks are great, I started sticking guns in them right away and at the mouth of them is a tag that you can write the guns name on.

I got the one size fits all Camo-field ones which are dark grey. If you looking for some thing to stick your gugs in these are great. I stuck a few 5 inch .45's and a 6 inch model 27 in them and they fit with no problem.

I've seen them in a few gun stores around here for 8 bucks apeice so the midway price is a good deal.

I like them so much I'm going to order another 20.

Last edited:
There is an article

posted on the door of Collector's in Stoneham about some guy who had a fire in his house. He had his guns in these sacks and a month after the fire (mostly water damage) they were the only things that weren't ruined. That's when I bought mine

+1 on Gun Sacks

I usually pick up one from Wal-Mart ($4.97 each) every time I pick up a new milsurp rifle. Every milsurp is in a sack, inside the safe(s).

These things are vital when you are trying to protect all the rifles that are stuffed into the safe. That's what happens when you get your C&R license and become a milsurpaholic - you rapidly run out of gunsafe space.

I hang a manila shoe tag (about 4" x 2") on each one where I identify the gun - they all look the same wearing sacks - and I write the date and number of rounds expended each time they take a trip to the range. Whenever I'm trying to decide which of my ladies to take to the range, I just check which one has the least number of entries on her dance card!

Definitely worth the investment over the long haul.

I wouldn't be able to pack my guns into my safe without them! They each have their own. :)

Back
Top Bottom