"Guns" on This American Life/NPR

Status
Not open for further replies.
National Public Radio (NPR) had a program on guns on the show "This American Life." I enjoy NPR for a variety of things, and considering their obvious left leanings, have actually been impressed with at least an attempt to get both sides of the issue on guns. For example, I first learned the "12 kids per day" number thrown around by the anti gun groups was total BS via NPR. I have heard Lott, Kleck, etc interviewed on NPR, so I don't view NPR as anti gun per se as much as clueless media.

So, they had a show on guns. It's an odd show, and as expected, they totally miss the point. You will recognize a few names they interviewed, such as Susanna Gratia-Hupp who watched her parents killed in front of her in TX. Below is the show with link to free podcast if interested.

Guns

Americans who love their guns...and the Americans who love them.

Prologue.

Host Ira Glass reads an ad from American Handgunner.

Act One.

Sarah Vowell, her dad, and his cannon.

Act Two.

Geoffry Canada, author of the book Fist Stick Knife Gun: A Personal History of Violence in America, talks about what it's like to carry a gun.

Act Three.

Bryn Magnus with a quintessential gun story from his childhood in Wisconsin.

Act Four.

Two people who've nearly died in gun battles—Mike Robbins, a Chicago police officer, and Susanna Gratia-Hupp, a Texas chiropractor—draw opposite conclusions from their near-death experiences.

Act Five.

Chicago writer Tori Marlan with a man who sold guns to criminals for two years.

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom