"Guns Next Door" demonstration 10/19

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Please delete if re-post. I could not find this via search.

The idea is that you OC in your own neighborhood, rather than linking up with a group and carrying a sign at some event.
"Guns Next Door" Protest: Gun Owners Take to the Streets to Indoctrinate Children
Jessica Lee: not a fan of firearms. She also managed to work "Sandy Hook" into the piece, which seems to be a requirement among antis these days.

My initial read of this a few days ago in a local publication made only a brief mention of candy.
Gun proponents plan nationwide rally » New Hampshire » EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA
The group is working on educational pamphlets in advance of the event. Reed said some gun owners may pass out candy to neighbor kids.
Although I fully support the choice of others to OC, this event is a bad idea. The opencarry911 group that calls in scares to PDs with ambiguous claims of people "with guns" to get open carriers hassled by LEOs must be champing at the bit to get people jammed up or killed by the police for laughs. For this event they'll be able to call in "people with guns approaching children" scares and paint open carriers as predators, which is the same spin Lee put on her article.

Back
Top Bottom