Guns Galore at the Academy Awards

Damn. This is our only thread??? Where can we complain at how much a d-bag Spike Lee is??? "My muthafutha black-man movie was better than their muthafutha black movie. They tryin to keep me down." No. You just suck, in general, as a moviemaker. You have occasional spots of brightness in an otherwise stupid-ass world. People would tell you more how much you sucked if you weren't so "oh so it's a black thing" about it. Ass!

(I only saw a headline that he was pissed that Green Door or Green Day or Green Acres or whateveritwas, beat him.)

I thought this would be about how many movies feature guns and violence. About 25 years ago this clunked into place in my mind when I was stuck in traffic in front of a movie rental place. The windows were covered with movie posters and most had a gun in the scene.

Violence is a cultural thing, not an accessibility problem. Hollywood owns a big part of our gun culture.

Garbage article. He muffed his summary sentence and undercut his entire point because he couldn't help but include the self-promotional cliché that cops are "trained professionals."

Isn’t it a bit ironic? The crowd that abhors firearms will receive overwhelming protection by trained professionals carrying guns.

Crazed liberals are always fine with "trained professionals" having guns.

Damn. This is our only thread??? Where can we complain at how much a d-bag Spike Lee is??? "My muthafutha black-man movie was better than their muthafutha black movie. They tryin to keep me down." No. You just suck, in general, as a moviemaker. You have occasional spots of brightness in an otherwise stupid-ass world. People would tell you more how much you sucked if you weren't so "oh so it's a black thing" about it. Ass!

(I only saw a headline that he was pissed that Green Door or Green Day or Green Acres or whateveritwas, beat him.)

No reason this thread can't be high jacked.

Better - Knob posted on FB that there's a new BTK movie coming out - from producer/director Vincent D'Onofrio.

You recall him, right? He was the one that went on the set-destroying tirade at L&O:SVU when Bush won 18 years ago. LOL. HE's very anti-violence. He wants us out of Syria. He calls the President names.

Makes a shoot-em-up Western. Really?? REALLY????? (I also saw him as the older brother in Death Wish over teh weekend. Again - REALLY????)

Movie people are looney-toons.

Better - Knob posted on FB that there's a new BTK movie coming out - from producer/director Vincent D'Onofrio.

You recall him, right? He was the one that went on the set-destroying tirade at L&O:SVU when Bush won 18 years ago. LOL. HE's very anti-violence. He wants us out of Syria. He calls the President names.

Makes a shoot-em-up Western. Really?? REALLY????? (I also saw him as the older brother in Death Wish over teh weekend. Again - REALLY????)

Movie people are looney-toons.
PVT. Leonard Lawrence(Gomer Pyle) in full Metal Jacket.

The message was sent loud and clear. It is ok to protect them with guns but not children in school. Problem is only half the country heard it. Liberals have no ability to correlate anything.

GF had it on the TV last night, and I noticed clear as day the print of a PDW slung to the rear underneath a tux jacket. Wouldn't surprise me if they brought in ANG/ARNG like they do for events at Foxboro.

I wish they would nominate and present Oscars for:
~ "Best Gun in a Motion Picture"
~ "Most Number of Mag Changes in a Motion Picture"
~ "Best Supporting Firearm"
~ "Best Gun in an Animation"

Back
Top Bottom