GUns are mandatory in this town

They should be, it's the duty of all American citizens to protect this country and it's constitution. Any man who has the right to keep and bear arms and the funds to do so and chooses not to is being just plain irresponsible in my opinion. Especially if he has a family that he needs to be responsible for. I bet you keep bandages in your house incase someone gets a cut, what do you keep if an armed criminal wakes you in the night and tries to hurt or kill your family?

now that's my kind of town. I beleive a town in Fla. has a similar law that has reduced crime exponentially.

It's been mentioned on here a few times. And it was in direct response to Morton Grove.

Government should not have the power to force someone to own a firearm. Nor should the government have the power to disallow the ownership of firearms.

I didn't know about it and found it interesting. I bet they don't enforce the law though; it sounds like they did it to tick off the ultra libs that were chearleading Morton Grove at the time.

A salute to Kennesaw, GA !!!! Hoo-Rah!

I bet you keep bandages in your house incase someone gets a cut, what do you keep if an armed criminal wakes you in the night and tries to hurt or kill your family?

Come on isn't that obvious. You keep a phone so you can call the police and tell them to come investigate you and your family's murder.

Government should not have the power to force someone to own a firearm. Nor should the government have the power to disallow the ownership of firearms.

I believe the law was intentionally written to allow people to opt-out if they wished.

I agree with this entirely. Jon. But no need for concern, they don't have the power - they just have a law.

They are impossible laws to enforce as they count on being caught, and they count on people accepting that gov't knows best. Doesn't seem to be working for them.

Too funny telling people they have own a gun. It's a comedy.[laugh]

True, but it is interesting to see the statistics where it has occurred.

And at least in these cases the law was a truely local law where the citizens had a real voice, unlike here at the state level.

If not exactly right, at least less wrong.

Well, there's my small town upbringing again.

I assume these are town by-laws passed at a town meeting after discussion and not handed down from a council or mayor of some sort?

So just another feel good law on the books that will not or cannot be enforced. Makes perfect sense to me[thinking]

True, but it is interesting to see the statistics where it has occurred.

And at least in these cases the law was a truely local law where the citizens had a real voice, unlike here at the state level.

If not exactly right, at least less wrong.

Well, there's my small town upbringing again.

I assume these are town by-laws passed at a town meeting after discussion and not handed down from a council or mayor of some sort?

Whether a law of this nature is passed by any majority - people who don't want to own or have a gun - well, it is like telling everyone they have to drink milk - it infringes on personal choice - they can't enforce it. It simply allows those who want to own one "legal" - if that is the objective then simply allow it, mandating is ludricrous.

How about if the town issues a fee loaner of a Liberty pistol (like the .45 the dropped into France) to anyone who wouldn't arm themselves.

Any household that refueses the offer, the town publishes a list of un-armed homes.

If we're turning the tables, lets go all the way.

Whether a law of this nature is passed by any majority - people who don't want to own or have a gun - well, it is like telling everyone they have to drink milk - it infringes on personal choice - they can't enforce it. It simply allows those who want to own one "legal" - if that is the objective then simply allow it, mandating is ludricrous.

I wasn't so much supporting it, as saying it hurts less that the opposite (DC like) laws.

And someone (who might or might not have actually looked into it) earlier said their was an opt-out clause. Already stipulated it should have been opt-in.

Is it Switzerland that essentially every male goes through "basic training" and is in the miltia complete with full-automatic at the house? I may have part of that mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom