"Gun Guy" interview also a Liberal Democrat

The ones who mostly buy guns are straight, white, middle-aged men, rural, who have not finished college, and that is a demographic that has seen their world collapse in all kinds of ways. The NRA (National Rifle Association) comes along and whispers in their ear, "Yeah, you're pissed, you know why? Because the liberals want to take away your guns."

Wrong

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, gun guys do not see themselves as responsible for gun violence. Gun guys have to accept, I have to accept, that my guns affect you.

moronic

my opinion of the article........absolute shit

Wrong

- - - Updated - - -

moronic

my opinion of the article........absolute shit

Yeah, maybe in the way past but the white men blah blah does not fly. Fastest growing group is women, the number of women gun owners has doubled since '07, to 25% now.

...The problem is, gun guys do not see themselves as responsible for gun violence. Gun guys have to accept, I have to accept, that my guns affect you...

Yeah, like we are responsible for drunk drivers and street drag racers, because we own and drive a vehicle properly, safely, and legally.....

Funny that, among my students of my NRA course I count m to f transsexuals, gay and bisexual men and women, straight woen, and minorities. Must be a fluke.

The ones who mostly buy guns are straight, white, middle-aged men, rural, who have not finished college

But it's interesting that most gun deaths involve black shooters and occur in densely populated urban areas, which don't jive with:

Gun guys have to accept, I have to accept, that my guns affect you.

If most gun buyers are under educated, white men from rural areas, and most gun deaths occur in densely populated urban areas with black shooters - gun buyers are not the problem.

yup. my girlfriend is going to get her LTC. suck it, hippies.

My goal this summer is to get every girl I know to go target shooting. Almost all are under 32, so I want to get the feeling in them. I want to definitely make them strong 2a but also get some to take that next step and be an owner. One friend, she has nieces and nephews in their late teens and early 20's. I want to build the generation before me. I'll take some pictures and tweet Feinstein about how she is in her last days while the younger generations are more pro 2a then ever.

It's fun to poke that finger in their eyes. When the Reid dropping the AWB came out, the first thing I did was tweet Piers Morgan with the link and a simple "Enjoy".

Last edited:
But it's interesting that most gun deaths involve black shooters and occur in densely populated urban areas, which don't jive with:

If most gun buyers are under educated, white men from rural areas, and most gun deaths occur in densely populated urban areas with black shooters - gun buyers are not the problem.

My home town hasn't had a murder of any kind since 2004, that was a shooting, and the next one was decades before. So I guess my guns are taking a break from affecting others.

yup. my girlfriend is going to get her LTC. suck it, hippies.

Your girlfriend, my wife (teacher), my friends wife (tax accountant), their daughter (sales), their other daughter (teacher), my other friends (he's had a LTC since the 1970s) wife (real estate), their daughter (teacher), their son in law (lineman). Did I mention my son? He's got a MBA, so he doesn't fit their typical mode. My daughter in law, after she has the baby. My daughter (social worker), at some point when she has time. Another friend, when he has the time. Maybe his wife (teacher), if we can convince her.

Whoever wrote this drivel has missed that the two fastest growing demographics among gun owners are women, especially young women, and minorities. Which means it's just leftwing statist propaganda. And should be treated as such.

"The problem is, gun guys do not see themselves as responsible for gun violence. Gun guys have to accept, I have to accept, that my guns affect you."

Okay. I get it. Kinda like my bottle of Jack Daniels has something to do with the guy in Topeka that gets hammered and runs a soccer mom and her kids off the road in her mini-van? Yeah, that logic makes sense to me. [rolleyes]

Okay. I get it. Kinda like my bottle of Jack Daniels has something to do with the guy in Topeka that gets hammered and runs a soccer mom and her kids off the road in her mini-van? Yeah, that logic makes sense to me. [rolleyes]

This was the underlying logic of Prohibition. All that accomplished was to give organized crime an infinite stream of revenue and power that lasts to this day. Good strategy.

My GF moved to CT from what seems like super gun hating Amherst as she described it....and through school was always taught they are bad...quite different from my experience here in CT in the 80's/90's in school here. She now has a CT Pistol Permit. She even converted a friend of hers, who now has a LTC in Greenfield! Her and her friend are both very liberal but both are gun owners and educated on the insanity of laws....The white male thing needs to stop...its pathetic

"I am no less a Democrat, I am no less an Obama supporter. But I really understand the conservative lament that we are becoming a nation of weak, disrespected, over-managed individuals."

Yet still OK with being a dem? I don't get it.

I heard this author on Guntalk. Tom used him as an example of gun rights people not being Lib or Conserve. He was a bad example. There are very few good examples. If you're really a gun rights Lib or Dem, then maybe you shouldn't really be a Lib or Dem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess a am a middle aged white male with no college degree living in a rural area. I'm glad someone told me. Here I thought I was a young black man living in Fitchburg with a degree in engineering.

I do like this quote though.
I am master of this death-dealing device, and you are not. I am prepared for and capable of surviving the kind of situation you can’t even bring yourself to think about. No apology necessary.

Well I guess a am a middle aged white male with no college degree living in a rural area. I'm glad someone told me. Here I thought I was a young black man living in Fitchburg with a degree in engineering.

Yeah, apparently I wasted six years in college (hmm, come to think of it I did waste ate least four of them).

Dan Baum has apparently decided safe storage is not the hill on which he wishes to die.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...baum-changes-mind-mandatory-gun-storage-laws/
But making it mandatory is, I now understand, a really bad idea. In this political environment, ordering gun owners to lock up their guns — even though doing so is in their own interest — merely turns up the temperature on an issue that is already irrationally hot.

I still hope to convince gun owners to secure their guns in a way that makes sense for them — in a safe, in a quick-open pistol box, or, as Farago argues, by keeping it on the hip even at home. Much of the bad stuff that happens with guns would go away if we gun owners were more careful about maintaining control of our firearms, and when bad stuff drops out of the news, the public’s appetite for gun control diminishes.

So safe storage is a good idea for everybody. Safe-storage laws, though likely produce the opposite effect of the one we want, so I’ve turned 180 degrees on the issue. (I’m hoping to get this change into future editions of the book.)

I became convinced of my error by listening to people explain, in rational tones, why I was misguided. If an Obamatron libtard like me can hear logic, so can others. Know someone who’s anti-gun? Talk to him with respect about why his views make us neither safer nor more free. You might be surprised at the response. At the very least, it couldn’t hurt.

Back
Top Bottom