• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun fit

peterk123

NES Member
My wife is having a heck of a time with her mossber silver reserve o/u. It is definitely a fit issue because when she shoulders this....
20240127_102407.jpg

She doesn't miss a clay. Both have a 13 1/4 length of pull. I'm guessing it has to do with the drop at the heel because she had to raise the heel of the stock on the silver reserve so high that half the stock is above the shoulder. I'm thinking of adding an adjustable heel plate. Thoughts?

Don't think so. The old mossberg is pretty much the same weight. She even had an issue of holding the gun cockeyed, probably because she had to torque her neck so much to get it lined up.

The old gun has kind of a monte carlo stock. So the drop at the comb is not as much.

Her shooting between the two is night and day. She is killing it with that 65 year old gun. It was impressive.

Try checking out YouTube, some great videos explaining the benefits of proper fit, and how to obtain it.

Last edited:
Don't think so. The old mossberg is pretty much the same weight. She even had an issue of holding the gun cockeyed, probably because she had to torque her neck so much to get it lined up.

The old gun has kind of a monte carlo stock. So the drop at the comb is not as much.

Her shooting between the two is night and day. She is killing it with that 65 year old gun. It was impressive.
Does the ou feel comfortable to her and she is just not accurate? Or does it feel off? I know when I change up sometimes I find myself doing that wierd head aiming pose.

Back
Top Bottom