Green noob

So much useful info for someone that just got his LTC. Hopefully I can add some insight shortly... for now i'll just absorb as much as possible.

Good for you. This is a great place with a load of good people. Some not so good, but have a thick skin and don't take things personally. Enjoy your stay.

How did the process go in Westwood? Did you get an LTC-A large cap?

I actually applied in the town I am employed which is in Plainville as I was not sure where I would be residing at the time. The process took roughly 3 months and received a LTC-A with employment and sporting restrictions. I'm planning on applying for an unrestricted license in Westwood as I'm finding out there are too many gray areas with a restricted LTC-A.

Yes "absorb", but also ask questions. For every seemingly stupid question asked, there's 10 guys who wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

Welcome to NES. Glock and BCM, those are likely the answers to any future posts.

Did the membership change from 2 years to 1? I joined 2 years ago and am getting the notice to re-up, but don't remember doing it a year ago.

I actually applied in the town I am employed which is in Plainville as I was not sure where I would be residing at the time. The process took roughly 3 months and received a LTC-A with employment and sporting restrictions. I'm planning on applying for an unrestricted license in Westwood as I'm finding out there are too many gray areas with a restricted LTC-A.

Welcome. Read the Stickies in the MA gun law section and you will learn a lot.

Just in case you don't know, you are stuck with the Plainville LTC until it expires in 6 years, UNLESS you can convince Plainville to expire it early to apply in Westwood. If they agree, make sure that the 2 towns' licensing officers coordinate everything. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom