Great cust. serv. from Caldwell Shooting (Battenfeld Technologies)

yanici

NES Member
I bought a set of electronic muffs made by Caldwell that were supposed to amplify low noise and block loud noise. Well, the low noise amplification never really worked. In fact the muffs muffled low noise.

I sent them back and two weeks later a brand new set of muffs came by UPS. Problem was that the new, replacement muffs had the same identical problem.

Now I'm miffed but I decide to let the folks at Battenfeld Technologies know that there is still a problem. Below is my email to them and their return answer. Hats off to Battenfeld.
My email to Battenfeld:
Comments: I returned a pair of electronic ear muffs as listed above on 8-18-09. The reason for the return was that the earmuffs did not "amplify" normal sound, as advertised, but actually slightly muffled it. A new, replacement, set were received by me today, 9-2-09. The packing slip #ORD000237304. Thank you for this prompt service. However, the problem with the new, replacement, earmuffs is identical to the set that I returned. They DO NOT AMPLIFY normal sound, as advertised, but do MUFFLE normal sound slightly. This is particularly annoying to me because I am slightyly hard of hearing and was looking forward to AMPLIFIED sound. This is mostly an informational letter to you. I do not intend to return the earmuffs again and play earmuff tag. You should know that there is a problem with these earmuffs and maybe can remedy it, somehow.

Battenfeld's excellent responce:

Mr Xxxxxx,

I apologize for the problems encountered with our Caldwell EMAX Hearing Protection. I checked with the technician that reviews returned product & he confirmed that your initial EMAX earmuffs were not working properly; i.e., they would not amplify properly.

I am very surprised that the replacement pair were in the same condition. I will have our Customer Service folks send a verified pair of EMAX’s to you right away. This unit was tested by our Quality Assurance dept before leaving here & is representative of correctly functioning product. Please follow up with us after you have received this unit & let us know if they function as you expect them to.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Terry W. Dreyer
Engineering Manager
Battenfeld Technologies, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom