• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Granby Bow and Gun Club

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Can anyone tell me about the Granby clubs amenities and membership fees???

I am leaving the Chicopee Sportsman's club and looking for a new club in the western metro area.

Thanks,

Bob

I am leaving the Chicopee Sportsman's club and looking for a new club in the western metro area.

Thanks,

Bob

http://gbagc.org/ -- heres there website. Last time I was there the outdoor range was closed. Im not a member but I believe they are in the process of doing some updates and clean ups. I was told MA State Police would be using it as a training facility... dont know if theres any truth behind that. They have an indoor archery range as well if thats of any interest. Its not a bad place... not the cheapest if you're like me and only get to the range on some weekends. If you do a lot of shooting its great - if there are other people shooting you dont feel cramped or feel like you cant shoot as well (thats how my current range is).

Thanks,

Bob
Why are you leaving Chicopee range? I belong to Chicopee sportsman club, Holyoke revolver club and Westfield sportsman club. I like Holyoke for it's indoor range, but the outdoor high power range is only 100 yrds, and it has a lot of activity going on that may limit open range time. Westfield has become my favorite. Indoor/outdoor pistol and 22 rifle range and up to 300yrd high power range, shotgun, black powder, archery and fishing pond, nice club house. Check out thier web page. Prices are resonable. I live in Chicopee and all 3 are within a 20 min. ride.

http://gbagc.org/ -- heres there website. Last time I was there the outdoor range was closed. Im not a member but I believe they are in the process of doing some updates and clean ups. I was told MA State Police would be using it as a training facility... dont know if theres any truth behind that. They have an indoor archery range as well if thats of any interest. Its not a bad place... not the cheapest if you're like me and only get to the range on some weekends. If you do a lot of shooting its great - if there are other people shooting you dont feel cramped or feel like you cant shoot as well (thats how my current range is).

Thanks for the link. The site must have been down over the weekend. Every time I tried to pull it up I got a black blogging screen. I will go take a look at it. Cost is a factor as I am on a fixed income.

check out Swift River
http://www.swiftriversportsmans.org

Indoor pistol range, NEW outdoor rifle range, indoor archery, trap shooting, large clubhouse with kitchen. A lot of "bang" for the buck.

That is a nice looking club but the membership is a little more than I wanted to spend. I will have to think on it.

Why are you leaving Chicopee range? I belong to Chicopee sportsman club, Holyoke revolver club and Westfield sportsman club. I like Holyoke for it's indoor range, but the outdoor high power range is only 100 yrds, and it has a lot of activity going on that may limit open range time. Westfield has become my favorite. Indoor/outdoor pistol and 22 rifle range and up to 300yrd high power range, shotgun, black powder, archery and fishing pond, nice club house. Check out thier web page. Prices are resonable. I live in Chicopee and all 3 are within a 20 min. ride.

I may go back to the Westfield club. It has everything I need and is very reasonable. The HRC just doesn't have everything that I need.

The Chicopee club has good facilities and I have been there for a three or four years now and my reason for leaving has nothing to do with the facilities. I am not sure I want together into it on the forum.

Thank you all for the info.

Bob

Two other clubs to consider:
Fairview Sportsmen's club (Granby) - http://www.fairviewsportsmansclub.com/default.htm
Outdoor pistol and rifle range, Were creating an indoor archery range when I left for a club with an an indoor range, 4 hours of service required

Nenameseck Sportsmen's club (Palmer) - http://www.nenameseck.com
My current range, More expensive but I feel you get more, nice indoor and outdoor ranges, robust archery program, I don't have a lot of extra time so another benefit to me was no service hours requirement, only downside for me is the time needed to get there

-------
Both of these cost less than Swift River and have a lower "hours asked".
Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Last edited:

I am leaving the Chicopee Sportsman's club and looking for a new club in the western metro area. We do not have volunteer requirement but love volunteers. We have competion in archery, pistol, 22's, rifles, and have an indoor archery range 24/7. Also have 268 acres with a nice and easy membership. Usually a "no wait" club because of our large acreage. We are friendly and memberships are varied and competitive. Debi

Thanks,

Bob
Hi Bob, Check out the granbybowandgun.club or .com we have 1000 yds, 600 yes, 50x70yd pistol bays, nice and clean both rifle and archery ranges with in and outdoor shoots < indoor 24/7>. Archery only in doors.

Hi Bob, Check out the granbybowandgun.club or .com we have 1000 yds, 600 yes, 50x70yd pistol bays, nice and clean both rifle and archery ranges with in and outdoor shoots < indoor 24/7>. Archery only in doors.

You do realize you archived a 10 year old post ? Bob is most likely long gone.....

Back
Top Bottom