Glock 26 question

I have a Glock 26 I purchased in California.The receipt is dated 7/1/96,I moved here in 2000.

What is the legality of me selling this ? It wasn't in MA prior to 1998,but the weapon was manufactured prior to '98.

Can I sell this or what ?

No matter when it was made, or you moved here YOU can sell it to anyone in MA with a LTC-A.

In your case, a MA Dealer MAY BE ABLE sell it to any MA Resident with LTC-A.

The reason for this are the following:

- MGL requires that all DEALER (restriction is ONLY on dealers) sold handguns MUST be on the EOPS List. Many Glocks are, so if your model is on the List, the dealer can sell it due to this AND the following.

- It was MFD prior to 10/21/98. Since the AG won't allow newer Glocks to be sold, he DOES have a blanket exemption for ANY handguns MFD prior to 10/21/98, REGARDLESS of where they were in the world.

Cool,thanks LenS.

I will prob try to sell this privately so I dont have to pay a dealer selling fee.I need to fund "other projects" LOL.

To do this I would just have to meet the buyer at a FFL dealer and do the paperwork there ?

Nope, if you do the paperwork at a dealer, you'll pay him a fee because HE will be doing the transfer, not you!

Pick up an FA-10 form from ANY PD (or call CHSB if nobody has them) and both of you fill it out . . . instructions are on the form.

All my private sales (I've only sold something like 6 guns in the 29 years I've been shooting) have been done at a gun club. Just worked out that way.

Greg, no . . . private sales are still legal between two MA LTC holders (of proper type LTC or FID in some limited rifle/shotgun sales). Privately you can only sell 4 (IIRC) guns/year to a private party.

FA-10 gets filed just like when a dealer sells a gun, and the AG/CHSB tolerate it. [If they could ban all private and dealer sales and get away with it, they would . . . in a heart-beat.]

So... How much, what condition, any extras?

Adam
Ps. You should post this in the "Classifieds" section!

Back
Top Bottom