Glenn's reloading and ammo

WTF?
This pisses me off it has nothing to do with the sale. I've patronized his store frequently to support local business, but, this type of stupidity is enough to send me elsewhere.

Been in there a couple of times and not surprised. When powder was scarce saw large containers split into smaller no label containers to charge the per pound price. I haven't been back and won't.

Wouldn't that be a good way to ensure more people can get the powder they need rather than just one person? Seems to me that's thinking about your customers' needs and trying to serve as many as you can.

Been in there a couple of times and not surprised. When powder was scarce saw large containers split into smaller no label containers to charge the per pound price. I haven't been back and won't.

I pretty sure it's against the law to repackage gun powder into unmarked containers.

I pretty sure it's against the law to repackage gun powder into unmarked containers.

yeah i thought so too. i put in a used Varget container as soon as I got home.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that be a good way to ensure more people can get the powder they need rather than just one person? Seems to me that's thinking about your customers' needs and trying to serve as many as you can.

lol yeah sure, it certainly wasn't to increase profits...

lol yeah sure, it certainly wasn't to increase profits...

I'm sure if it was all about the profits, he could have just jacked up the price of the 8# container to pretty much anything since people were so desperate during the shortage they'd pay it.

I'm sure if it was all about the profits, he could have just jacked up the price of the 8# container to pretty much anything since people were so desperate during the shortage they'd pay it.

you're sure? that's great to hear. not enough sure things these days. [rolleyes]

Maybe but people expect a discount on quantity even on jacked up prices. Shop down my way jacked powder and primer prices...it sat in sold. Even with the prices down he still sits on a lot of that inventory.
It's all good...

I was in Glenn's shortly after they opened spring 14, I was at Reading for a match. Although he had decent inventory for the time nothing I was looking for( story of my life with any store) prices where OK and on par with mass prices.
Stopped in late 2015 on my way home from Dr. Still not much tickled me although if I had some play money I think I would have haggled on a few rifles he had.

Last edited:

I did think that was a little odd when I saw him at the Wilmington gun show a couple years ago. He had these white containers and I was like whoa what new powder is this? Then I walked over and it had a typed label saying Titegroup or 231 (can't remember which powder).

As others have said, I'm not sure that's legal. Not something I would do unless I was giving some powder to a friend to use and he and I knew what it was.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything illegal about splitting up containers. In fact, I think it's quite common. Here's a pic of an 8 lb jug I bought out at Camp Perry a few years ago. What's the difference between splitting a 55 gallon drum into 8 pounders and splitting an 8lb jug into 1 pounders?

Edit: can't add pic because I've exceed my quota??
P.s. the photo showed a plain white jug with a printed out "8lb Reloaded 15 Military Surplus Powder" taped to the side of it. This vendor sold thousands of these.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything illegal about splitting up containers. In fact, I think it's quite common. Here's a pic of an 8 lb jug I bought out at Camp Perry a few years ago. What's the difference between splitting a 55 gallon drum into 8 pounders and splitting an 8lb jug into 1 pounders?

Edit: can't add pic because I've exceed my quota??
P.s. the photo showed a plain white jug with a printed out "8lb Reloaded 15 Military Surplus Powder" taped to the side of it. This vendor sold thousands of these.

Interesting. Maybe us non-competitive (or those of us that haven't been to Camp Perry) are just unaware of this being a common practice.

I don't see it being any more dangerous than having any other type of non-factory sealed container of powder. I mean there's nothing to prove that your half full jug of 231 is actually 231 just because it has the factory label on it. Same with a non-factory container with a sticker that says 231 on it. Neither is more inherently dangerous than the other.

I've actually found that odd, that there doesn't seem to be any kind of sticker or plastic ring or something to indicate that a jug has been opened before.

Back
Top Bottom