• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gimme the facts jack

So later this month a friend of mine is hosting what he calls a fire arms education class. He works at two of the bigger or higher respected universities around here and is inviting people from work. His goal is to disprove some of the misconceptions that they have picked up from the mainstream media.

What I'm asking of the kind folks of NES is where is the best place for me to obtain the cold hard facts that I can cite during this class.

I know the FBI's site but where?
Anywhere else?

Also anyone have ideas on the best topics?
I'm going to bring a bunch of fun stuff to look at and hold (unloaded of course)

Thanks guys

Facebook..seriously lot of info on the second amendment pages. Or search through NES lots of links and threads

I've seen a lot of the pages on Facebook and on here but most of them link to articles or post the statistics. I want to actually print something out and be able to point out where I got it. I don't want there to be any argument that what I'm telling these people is fact.

Facts and statistics are pointless without a clear understanding of natural rights.

A/ My Creator endowed me with inalienable rights. One of them is the right to protect myself.

B/ The United States' government is/was unique in that it does not Rule the People , it serves them.

C/ The Founders , in adopting The Bill of Rights , granted me nothing , but denied the federal government the ability to infringe on my natural rights.

D/ Governments commit mss murders that are literally , really , actually Millions of times larger than Columbine or Sandy Hook.

E/ U.S. vs Miller says the 2nd is about military grade firearms. U.S. vs. Heller affirms that it means an individual right.

F/ gun control was invented , by Democrats , to disarm black Americans and leave them helpless against the Democrat's murderous terrorist organization called the KKK.

If your friend doesn't know these things he shouldn't be teaching a class on firearms.

thanks guys... Fubar, I'm not going to get into the politics of it. The people who eat up whatever the media spoon feeds them don't understand about the rights. I want to go into the laws, figures, and what works. My main examples will be gun control in IL and NJ but show the numbers of murders in Chicago and Camden.

Well , start out by asking them if they still beat their dog.

History isn't politics. But seriously , good luck. Look into John Lott's book: More guns less crime.

For FBI Uniform crime report:
2011 data: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011

For offenses by state click:
"go to offense table" , then go under the tab "Browse by Links"

From there you can choose states, cities, towns, all the data is listed and it is pretty strait forward.

CDC amount of gun deaths 2011
Link here: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf
p18 accidental discharge deaths
p19 Suicides, Homicides, undetermined, Injury
p25 Infant deaths by firearms

you can also search by using the keyword "firearm" in the adobe search function

If you need help/ are having trouble finding the data PM me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom