• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting stopped on NH / Maine

alan226

NES Member
I am getting conflicting answers on this. Can a State / Local in NH run my Massachusetts plate if I get stopped? For example, I get stopped on 93 North in Salem, NH by NHSP. Can they run my plate and/or license and get my license and registration info back?

Where is the conflict? This should be amusing for a page or so before full headshot.

They can but the information you get from running out of state plates is very very limited. Basically just names and maybe some vehicle information. It varies from state to state, so it's hard to give a specific answer. Some states you have to call their RMV or state police and have them run it for you.

Like somebody said the information they'll get back will be very limited, so no it will not come back if you have a license to carry. But they can easily call a neighboring agency in MA and have them run your BOP if you are ever stopped and the issue came up.

This is absolutely a true statement: I swear on a stack of bibles (King James, Revised Standard Version, Vulgate, Good News etc) The Koran, The Torah and will on any other holy book that you give me, that I ole Markie aka mark056 have run Mass plates on request from out of state agencies when they have called my office, properly established who they are and I am not even a sworn officer but I am CJIS certified. Once they get the persons name, address, DOB, SSN, they can run the Triple I. I only provide the information they ask for and never once has anyone asked if they had a Mass LTC. If there are Mass wants or warrants I will include that, but truthfully most outstanding warrants I come across are of the do not detain type, believe it or not, not worth the expense of bringing the scofflaw back to the Commonwealth. The ability to get info on out of state plates is a capability that law enforcement has always had. Back on the day before automation you could be detained until the information came back, maybe even for a day or two. Now this thread is another worry about nothing thread. I think it must have something to do with What if Mr. JBT finds out if I have a Mass LTC and I gots my gat wid me? Well..,if you have a non-res License, no worries, if you are following under the provisions of FOPA, no worries. With regard to FOPA just avoid states like NY and NJ and then you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom